Topics

Internet Stack

Julio Peralta

Today I had some time and researched the internet stack fix. I followed instructions I found on the net and the results seemed to follow what the instructions called for.

I then tried the ctrl “Sync LOTW QSL’s” and again after the process reached the 58 second of the countdown it faulted with the connection timeout message.

Everything else in DXLabs seems to be working as it should. I’m able to upload Q’s to LOTW and Sync LOTW QSL’s without getting the timeout message. I can see where the LOTW rcvd box changes to a Y in recent uploaded Q’s.

Is there anything else I might try?

Julio, W4HY

Today I had some time and researched the internet stack fix. I followed instructions I found on the net and the results seemed to
follow what the instructions called for.

I then tried the ctrl "Sync LOTW QSL's" and again after the process reached the 58 second of the countdown it faulted with the
connection timeout message.

Everything else in DXLabs seems to be working as it should. I'm able to upload Q's to LOTW and Sync LOTW QSL's without getting the
timeout message. I can see where the LOTW rcvd box changes to a Y in recent uploaded Q's.

Is there anything else I might try?

+ In the private email exchange that followed public thread here

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/189768>

+ You initially reported that Google's Chrome Browser also- timed out when attempting to download QSLs from LoTW using the same URL
that DXKeeper uses; this further confirmed the "broken or misconfigured internet stack" theory.

+ Then you reported that Google's Chrome Browser was now able to download QSLs from LoTW, but you couldn't say what you changed to
enable this. You reported that DXKeeper still experienced timeouts.

+ The evidence still points at a broken or misconfigured internet access mechanism in Windows.

Julio Peralta

Dave there has been some misunderstanding I think.
The only problem I have or had was that when
invoking the ctrl+"Sync LOTW QSL's" process, the
process never began and times out after about 3
seconds. At this point I'm not sure but I think
"Sync LOTW QSL's" was not changing the LOTW rcvd
box to verified.

I'm able to upload new Q's to LOTW without any
problem.

You recommended fixing the internet Stack issue
which I think I have done, but the ctrl+"Sync LOTW
QSL's" continues to time out.

"Sync LOTW QSO's" is working as I see the LOTW
rcvd box change to Y from time to time as DXK
downloads info from LOTW.

Julio, W4HY

[...]

snip<
You recommended fixing the internet Stack issue which I think I have done, but the ctrl+"Sync LOTW QSL's" continues to time out.

"Sync LOTW QSO's" is working as I see the LOTW rcvd box change to Y from time to time as DXK downloads info from LOTW.

+ Depressing the CTRL key while clicking the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button directs LoTW to assemble all QSOs confirmed via LoTW and
download their descriptions to DXKeeper. It can take LoTW some time to assemble these QSOs and begin the download. In contrast,
simply clicking the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button directs LoTW to assemble all QSOs confirmed via LoTW since the last time you invoked
"Sync LoTW QSLs" -- typically a much smaller number of QSOs that takes LoTW less time to assemble.

+ Your system is "timing out" before LoTW can respond when you depress the CTRL key while clicking the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button.

Julio Peralta

I have a second machine that has a full install of
DXLabs. I just tried the ctrl+ Sync LOTW QSL's
process and after 2 seconds I received the blue
spinning circle and the download finished as it
should.

On my shack computer the countdown sometimes goes
to 56 seconds before I get the time out message,
which seems should be long enough for LOTW to stop
the time out.

Is there a setting somewhere that could be
effecting this?

Julio

[...]

+ I don't know, Julio. Microsoft Support may be able to answer your question.