Topics

Internet Down Chaos

wb6bee

  This morning the internet was down.   Launcher made notice that it was unable to connect with DXLab.com for updates, etc.     Not a big deal, I proceeded to load the various programs.  Then, the notices began.   Each notice would lock up the screen, and any further data entry, until the notice was cleared.    Couldn't connect with QRZ.com.   Couldn't upload to LOTW.  Couldn't upload to Club Log.   To have any semblance of operation, I had to go into various configuration files and "uncheck" the various functions sending the notices.

Generally, the notices are good.  They advise you of some spontaneous disconnect.  But, when you are literally off the web for a period of time and trying to operate, they lock up the processes.

Probably not possible, but would be handy to have to single "no notices" or "no internet" button or something that would set the various DX Lab functions into "non-internet" operations

Don
[...]

+ There's an alternative to the 9 mouse clicks required to disable your automatic online callbook lookups, eQSL uploads, LoTW uploads, and ClubLog uploads: assuming that you have already directed the Launcher to create a Workspace whose settings govern "Normal" operation, you could do the following:

1. temporarily configure your DXLab applications for "no internet" operation

2. terminate all DXLab applications except the Launcher

3. direct the Launcher to create and populate a new Workspace named NoInternet

4. direct the Launcher to restore your Normal Workspace

+ Then the next time you lose the internet, direct the Launcher to activate your NoInternet Workspace before starting the other DXLab applications.

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateUpdateWorkspace>

wb6bee

That's an interesting idea.    Launcher tells you the internet is down when you load it.   You could change work spaces then.

Thanks

Don