Topics

Import contest log query...

Phil Cooper

Dave and the group,

I'm not sure what has changed, or maybe nothing has changed, and I am forgetful.

When I import a contest log from N1MM+, I am sure it used to set the LoTW QSL Sent to R.
However, for the SARTG and RTTY RU logs, both had nothing set regarding QSL, so I simply sorted the log, and did a "modify" which got me the result I needed.
I just don't remember having to do this before.
I did think I had missed a checkbox, but I can't see anything that fits.

Am I losing the plot, or has something changed?

Also, one other query - when it imported my RTTY RU log, I got an error message for RQ7R, the content of which was -
invalid primary administrative subdivision: SE: <CALL:4>RQ7R<QSO_DATE:8>20200105<TIME_ON:6>112649<TIME_OFF:6>112649<BAND:3>20M<STATION_CALLSIGN:6>GU0SUP<FREQ:8>14.10583<CONTEST_ID:9>ARRL-RTTY<FREQ_RX:8>14.10583<MODE:4>RTTY<RST_RCVD:3>599<RST_SENT:3>599<TX_PWR:3>100<OPERATOR:6>GU0SUP<SRX:3>108<CQZ:2>16<STX:3>104<APP_N1MM_EXCHANGE1:3>108<APP_N1MM_POINTS:1>1<APP_N1MM_RADIO_NR:1>1<APP_N1MM_CONTINENT:2>EU<APP_N1MM_RUN1RUN2:1>1<APP_N1MM_RADIOINTERFACED:1>1<APP_N1MM_ISORIGINAL:4>True<APP_N1MM_NETBIOSNAME:10>PHILLIP-PC<APP_N1MM_ISRUNQSO:1>0<eor>
I do have the "Consider primary & secondary subdivisions.... " checked, so maybe that is why?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm not sure what has changed, or maybe nothing has changed, and I am forgetful.

When I import a contest log from N1MM+, I am sure it used to set the LoTW QSL Sent to R.

+ When importing QSOs, each imported QSO's "LoTW QSL Sent" item will be set to 'R' if you have the "Initialize LoW Sent to R for each logged QSO or imported QSO" option enabled on the LoTW tab of DXKeeper's "QSL Configuration" window.

Also, one other query - when it imported my RTTY RU log, I got an error message for RQ7R, the content of which was - invalid primary administrative subdivision: SE: <CALL:4>RQ7R<QSO_DATE:8>20200105<TIME_ON:6>112649<TIME_OFF:6>112649<BAND:3>20M<STATION_CALLSIGN:6>GU0SUP<FREQ:8>14.10583<CONTEST_ID:9>ARRL-RTTY<FREQ_RX:8>14.10583<MODE:4>RTTY<RST_RCVD:3>599<RST_SENT:3>599<TX_PWR:3>100<OPERATOR:6>GU0SUP<SRX:3>108<CQZ:2>16<STX:3>104<APP_N1MM_EXCHANGE1:3>108<APP_N1MM_POINTS:1>1<APP_N1MM_RADIO_NR:1>1<APP_N1MM_CONTINENT:2>EU<APP_N1MM_RUN1RUN2:1>1<APP_N1MM_RADIOINTERFACED:1>1<APP_N1MM_ISORIGINAL:4>True<APP_N1MM_NETBIOSNAME:10>PHILLIP-PC<APP_N1MM_ISRUNQSO:1>0<eor>

I do have the "Consider primary & secondary subdivisions.... " checked, so maybe that is why?

+ SE does not represent a valid primary administrative subdivision for European Russia; see

<http://adif.org.uk/310/ADIF_310.htm#Primary_Administrative_Subdivision>

+ It's the "Subdivision validity checking" checkbox in the "Other Awards" panel on the Configuration window's Awards tab that determines whether DXKeeper will report an invalid administrative subdivision when importing a QSO.

Dave, AA6YQ

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the pointer to the QSL Config area. It wasn't checked, and now I have checked it, so that should fix future imports.
I'm sure that was checked previously, so I wonder if if it became unchecked in a recent update?
Maybe it's just my imagination, but I don't recall having to manually do this before.

Re the subdivisions, that's fine. I will probably leave it checked, as that makes sure other things import correctly. I can always deal with the odd one or two that throw up an error.

Thanks again....

73 de Phil GU0SUP

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: 05 January 2020 18:22
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Import contest log query...

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ When importing QSOs, each imported QSO's "LoTW QSL Sent" item will be set to 'R' if you have the "Initialize LoW Sent to R for each logged QSO or imported QSO" option enabled on the LoTW tab of DXKeeper's "QSL Configuration" window.

Also, one other query - when it imported my RTTY RU log, I got an error message for RQ7R, the content of which was - invalid primary administrative subdivision: SE: <CALL:4>RQ7R<QSO_DATE:8>20200105<TIME_ON:6>112649<TIME_OFF:6>112649<BAND:3>20M<STATION_CALLSIGN:6>GU0SUP<FREQ:8>14.10583<CONTEST_ID:9>ARRL-RTTY<FREQ_RX:8>14.10583<MODE:4>RTTY<RST_RCVD:3>599<RST_SENT:3>599<TX_PWR:3>100<OPERATOR:6>GU0SUP<SRX:3>108<CQZ:2>16<STX:3>104<APP_N1MM_EXCHANGE1:3>108<APP_N1MM_POINTS:1>1<APP_N1MM_RADIO_NR:1>1<APP_N1MM_CONTINENT:2>EU<APP_N1MM_RUN1RUN2:1>1<APP_N1MM_RADIOINTERFACED:1>1<APP_N1MM_ISORIGINAL:4>True<APP_N1MM_NETBIOSNAME:10>PHILLIP-PC<APP_N1MM_ISRUNQSO:1>0<eor>

+ SE does not represent a valid primary administrative subdivision for European Russia; see

<http://adif.org.uk/310/ADIF_310.htm#Primary_Administrative_Subdivision>

+ It's the "Subdivision validity checking" checkbox in the "Other Awards" panel on the Configuration window's Awards tab that determines whether DXKeeper will report an invalid administrative subdivision when importing a QSO.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thanks for the pointer to the QSL Config area. It wasn't checked, and now I have checked it, so that should fix future imports.
I'm sure that was checked previously, so I wonder if if it became unchecked in a recent update?

+ That setting is stored in the Windows Registry. A DXLab application update simply provides a new .exe file -- it makes no changes to settings.

Dave, AA6YQ

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that info. I have now updated my workspace to include this.

Phil GU0SUP

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: 05 January 2020 22:52
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Import contest log query...

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ That setting is stored in the Windows Registry. A DXLab application update simply provides a new .exe file -- it makes no changes to settings.

Dave, AA6YQ