Topics

Identifying Unconfirmed Band Entities in WSJT-X

llibsch

Hi Dave,

As I have it set up, SpotCollector clearly identifies unworked DXCC entity-band spots  in red type and unconfirmed DXCC entity-band spots in blue type. When working WSJT-X with DXKeeper and SpotCollector running, the red color carries into WSJT-X, the blue does not seem to. It would be great if I could identify unconfirmed DXCC entity-bands by color in WSJT-X when it runs with SpotCollector. I have LOTW participating spots' background yellow. Sometimes I see non- LOTW spots printed blue but don't seem to ever see LOTW spots ever printed blue.

What am I doing wrong?

DXLab is amazing. Thank you for creating and supporting it.

K4KGG, Larry

As I have it set up, SpotCollector clearly identifies unworked DXCC entity-band spots  in red type and unconfirmed DXCC entity-band spots in blue type. When working WSJT-X with DXKeeper and SpotCollector running, the red color carries into WSJT-X, the blue does not seem to. It would be great if I could identify unconfirmed DXCC entity-bands by color in WSJT-X when it runs with SpotCollector. I have LOTW participating spots' background yellow. Sometimes I see non- LOTW spots printed blue but don't seem to ever see LOTW spots ever printed blue.

+ Are you using direct interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab, or are you using JTAlert?

+ If you're using the default background colors, light blue means "participates in both eQSL AG and LoTW.

llibsch

Hi Dave,

I'm not using JTAlert. I'm using direct interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab.

I don't participate in eQSL, but do in LOTW so my LOTW spots have a yellow background in both SpotCollector and WSJT-X. In SpotCollector my unconfirmed DXCC entity-band spots print the call in a blue color. If those unconfirmed DXCC entity-band spots are for calls that participate in LOTW they print in blue against a yellow background which then becomes a very dark blue, almost black. WSJT-X decodes most calls in black letters and numbers. My problem may be that I can't distinguish the black print of unneeded calls from the blue print over yellow background of LOTW participating unconfirmed DXCC entity-band spots. I will try some other color choices in SpotCollector/Config/Spot Database Display for unconfirmed DX and see if that helps. It may take some time to see if this is successful. In a combined SpotCollector, WSJTX setup, do SpotCollector color choices override the choices made in WSJT-X?

73, K4KGG, Larry

llibsch

Hi Dave,

Changing the color choice in SpotCollector for unconfirmed DX does change the color seen for unconfirmed DX in WSJT-X when it is running with SpotCollector. I need something that will really stand out and will continue to experiment.

73, K4KGG, Larry

[...]

+ You have complete control over both font and background colors. If you don't care about eQSL confirmations, set the "LoTW & eQSL AG" color in SpotCollector to the same color you've chosen for "LoTW", and set the "eQSL AG" color to the same color you've chosen for "Normal"; that will reduce the number of background colors you're using to 2, making it easier to chosen font colors with sufficient contrast.

In a combined SpotCollector, WSJTX setup, do SpotCollector color choices override the choices made in WSJT-X?

+ No, SpotCollector's colors don't override the WSJT-X coloring. That's why step 8 in the "Installing and Configuring WSJT-X" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect>

+ recommends only enabling the "My Call in message" and "Transmitted message" coloring in WSJT-X.

llibsch

Thanks, Dave. Great help as always.

K4KGG, Larry