Topics

Icom IC-R30 control

Ron Liekens

Hi all,

I want to control my Icom IC-R30 fro doppler shift via CI-V (CAT) for satellite operation. This radio is already 18 months on the market but during this time I have not found anything that supports this radio. Can someone help me out?

73' Ron
on2ron

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 11:38 AM Ron Liekens <r.e.liekens@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I want to control my Icom IC-R30 fro doppler shift via CI-V (CAT) for satellite operation. This radio is already 18 months on the market but during this time I have not found anything that supports this radio. Can someone help me out?
The Advanced Manual has all the CI-V options. I guess this radio has
a USB connection and that you can run CI-V over it? If so, that
part's easy. I am not in front of Commander, but if it supports any
of the Icom "R" models, then I'd find the address for your model in
the manual and then fiddle with one of the *other* receivers listed
... assuming that there *are* other receivers listed and that the R30
isn't one of them. Icom is often (not always) consistent about how
commands are formatted across their line going back 20+ years. You
might find something useable.

Joe Subich, W4TV

You will need to select one of the other Icom receivers and
change the CI-V address on Commander's "Config -> General"
tab to match the address of the R-30. *HOWEVER* Commander
has no provision for tracking Doppler shift.

Instead, you may want to look as SatPC32 and see if it will
support a transceiver plus receiver then use Commander's
support for SatPC32 to interface to your hardware. Details
are in Commander's help file and the DXLab Wiki
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SatelliteTracking>

On 2020-03-15 6:48 AM, Ron Liekens wrote:
Hi all,
I want to control my Icom IC-R30 fro doppler shift via CI-V (CAT) for satellite operation. This radio is already 18 months on the market but during this time I have not found anything that supports this radio. Can someone help me out?
73' Ron
on2ron

I want to control my Icom IC-R30 fro doppler shift via CI-V (CAT) for satellite operation. This radio is already 18 months on the market but during this time I have not found anything that supports this radio. Can someone help me out?

+ I downloaded and reviewed the IC-R30 instruction manual from

<https://www.icomamerica.com/en/downloads/DownloadDocument.aspx?Document=959>

+ I found no indication in the manual that this receiver can be controlled by an application running on a computer.

* more AA6YQ comments below