Icom 7610 and Network Connection

Tim

I would like to have commander connect to 7610 thru ethernet connection and then send UDP info to my amp.
I can get other programs to work thru the the 7610 network interface but so far no luck with commander.
Any one been able to use network connection on 7610 as primarm means of connecting to 7610?
Tim W4YN

I would like to have commander connect to 7610 thru ethernet connection and then send UDP info to my amp.

+ Commander does not support the control of an IC-7610 via its LAN connector.

# more AA6YQ comments below
+ AA6YQ comments below

I would like to have commander connect to 7610 thru ethernet connection and then send UDP info to my amp.

+ Commander does not support the control of an IC-7610 via its LAN connector

# From Icom management in response to my request for documentation of the IC-7610's LAN port protocol:

"While the CI-V protocol is published, the server protocols for the LAN protocols to setup the portal and utilize the radios remote control is not published."

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Hard to understand ICOM here. A good reason not to buy one.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

I would like to have commander connect to 7610 thru ethernet connection and then send UDP info to my amp.

+ Commander does not support the control of an IC-7610 via its LAN connector

# From Icom management in response to my request for documentation of the IC-7610's LAN port protocol:

"While the CI-V protocol is published, the server protocols for the LAN protocols to setup the portal and utilize the radios remote control is not published."

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Tim

At least on OM figured it out, I can connect to WFview software to 7610 works great:

At least on OM figured it out, I can connect to WFview software to 7610 works great:

+ A few years ago, KE7OEI "figured out" some undocumented Yaesu FT-817 instructions:

http://www.ka7oei.com/ft817_meow.html

+ Simon HB9DRV extended HRD to modify FT-817 state by updating EEPROM locations (despite my warning that EEPROMs have a lifetime write budget). Over time, the extra write operations caused the EEPROMs to fail prematurely, and Yaesu has no replacement EEPROMs available. The result: bricked radios with unhappy owners.

+ Are you certain that WFview isn't in the process of bricking or otherwise damaging your IC-7610?

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-09-16 8:37 AM, Tim wrote:
I would like to have commander connect to 7610 thru ethernet connection and then send UDP info to my amp. I can get other programs
to work thru the the 7610 network interface but so far no luck with
commander.
You don't need to control the 7610 via Ethernet in order to send
(N1MM+ style) UDP info messages to your amplifier. See the "Net Serv"
window (button) and the Commander Help file:
.../DXLab/Commander/Help/NetworkService.htm

If your amplifier does not support N1MM Style UDP info, you will
probably need to write something that will translate from the N1MM
format to the format required by your amplifier.

On 2022-09-16 8:37 AM, Tim wrote:
I would like to have commander connect to 7610 thru ethernet connection and then send UDP info to my amp.
I can get other programs to work thru the the 7610 network interface but so far no luck with commander.
Any one been able to use network connection on 7610 as primarm means of connecting to 7610?
Tim W4YN

John Merrill N1JM

There are 3 programs that I know of that use the lan connection  on a 7610 for control- WFview for PC and Mac, RunlogNG for Mac and SmartSDR for ICOM on a Mac.. As I understand it, they reversed engineered it.

73, John N1JM

There are 3 programs that I know of that use the lan connection  on a 7610 for control- WFview for PC and Mac, RunlogNG for Mac and SmartSDR for ICOM on a Mac.. As I understand it, they reversed engineered it.

+ It's your transceiver; if you're comfortable with the risk, go for it.

Tom Blahovici

Since the protocol has been reverse engineered and all of the details are on the web, it is an easy task for a hacker to now take over control of your radio, put it in transmit, do whatever they want. Icom encrypted the connected to prevent this from happening as well as guarding their proprietary RS-BA1.
If you have RSBA1, and it is working, you can connect to the virtual serial port that is provided by the Icom Remote Utility which comes with RS-BA1. Therefore you can use the ethernet connection.
But you have to buy RS-BA1.
Icom should provide this free of charge.
Yaesu is even worse. There is no published protocol or utility to connect to their LAN adapter. It can oy be used with their software.
One step forward, two steps back.