Topics

Icom 756Pro RS232 Settings

D. Scott MacKenzie

Being stupid, I upgraded to Win 10 without thinking about the files in DXLabs.  It has been multiple years since I set the parity settings for the rig.  Does anyone remember what baud/word/parity/stop and DTR/RTS settings are for an ICOM 756Pro?

I was able to find the port but unable to communicate.

Thanks

Scott

Being stupid, I upgraded to Win 10 without thinking about the files in DXLabs. It has been multiple years since I set the parity
settings for the rig. Does anyone remember what baud/word/parity/stop and DTR/RTS settings are for an ICOM 756Pro?

+ Look in the transceiver's CI-V menu settings to determine the baud rate. The word length is 8, the parity is "none", and stop bits
are "1'. Unless you're using them as a power supply for an external CI-V interface, set DTR and RTS to "OFF".

+ Make sure you configure Commander to use the correct CI-V address, which you'll also find in your transceiver's menu settings.
The default for a 756Pro is 5C

+ All of the relevant settings are described here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlIcom>

D. Scott MacKenzie

Thank you Dave - it has literally been years since I turned on the rig.
Been thinking about getting it going again.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 08:24 PM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:

Thank you Dave - it has literally been years since I turned on the rig.
Been thinking about getting it going again.

+ If you have a backup transceiver, it's a good idea to have it connected, configured, and ready to go at a moment's notice (with suitable antenna input protection!). There's nothing like an "all-time new one" being QRV to instigate equipment failure.

D. Scott MacKenzie

I have had that happen - I have always been of the opinion that Murphy was an optimist

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 1:11 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 08:24 PM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:

Thank you Dave - it has literally been years since I turned on the rig.
Been thinking about getting it going again.

+ If you have a backup transceiver, it's a good idea to have it connected, configured, and ready to go at a moment's notice (with suitable antenna input protection!). There's nothing like an "all-time new one" being QRV to instigate equipment failure.

D. Scott MacKenzie, PhD, FASM