IC-7610 Sequences / sliders

pinoleronica

Good evening all.

I have a special request about a Commander sequence for getting the Multi-Function Meter to display on IC-7610.

I have been able to download a bunch of them from the files section.   I am not too familiar with the programming but in applying them I have learned to edit the file(s), modify them to create new ones for other functions.   Notepad is great tool to do that since it has a "Replace" feature.  Once I have made the replacements, i use "save as" to create a brand new file and then map it to the software.   This works nicely.   I wonder how others are creating this files.   Simply opening a blank tab under Commander and filling the columns is not very simple a task.   Thanks to all who have taken their time to posting files for us to grab.

I have my Commander tabs almost filled up and certainly don't touch the radio but sparingly.  The one that I wish to have handy is the Multi-Function Meter.  Despite searching on the CIV reference manual of the IC-7610, I cannot find its reference.   This one is great to have on view for monitoring all the different meters: Po, ALC, COMP, SWR, etc.

I will appreciate it if someone in the group can help me with this sequence.

Yours truly,

--
Rafael / NN3RP

[...]

+ The IC-7610 provides CI-V commands that direct the radio to report the current reading of its PO, SWR, ALC, COMP, Vd, and Id meters in the upper-left column on page 4 of the IC-7610's "CI-V Reference Guide", which you can download from the Icom America web site. All of these CI-V commands have a opcode of 15.

+ You can construct a Command Sequence that issues these commands, but the IC-7610's responses would be ignored. However, on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, there is an "Xmit Meter" panel that lets you choose among PO, SWR, ALC, COMP, Vd, and Id; Commander will monitor and display the selected parameter while the IC-7610 is transmitting, as described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/TXMeter.htm

+ The above-cited manual describes CI-V commands that control the appearance of the IC-7610's meter, but I don't see a CI-V command that selects the parameter to be displayed.

pinoleronica

Thanks Dave for valuable information.

I have the CI-V Reference Guide.  I will look into the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, for the "Xmit Meter" panel.

--
Rafael / NN3RP

Uwe

Edited

Hi,

I set several sequences and sliders for my IC7610, too. All runs flawlessly. But some are getting "out of sync". For example, if I set "RX-Ant" to on. If I now switch the band, it stays on in Commander, because there is no feedback to this sequence (no status update). The same happens with Digi-Sel On/Off and other band specific settings...
How do you handle these behavior?

73 de Uwe, DL4AC

I set several sequences and sliders for my IC7610, too. All runs flawlessly. But some are getting "out of sync". For example, if I set "RX-Ant" to on. If I now switch the band, it stays on in Commander, because there is no feedback to this sequence (no status update). The same happens with Digi-Sel On/Off and other band specific settings...
How do you handle these behavior?

+ Manually set "RX-Ant" sequence to "off". There is no practical way to have Commander poll the radio for the hundreds of items of state that can be modified with CI-V commands, and I've found no easy-to-use mechanism for updating command sequences based on that polled state.

Carl - WC4H

Hi Uwe.

What I do with my IC-7300 is to use a startup file.

In that file, I set all the parameters that I want to set to the startup value that I want.  Then, I use the buttons and sliders to make any changes to values.  For example, at startup, I set all of the FUNCTION buttons to OFF, then control them from commander.

Also, my buttons, usually have an "if" condition that will turn an option off or on depending on the led state or lable name.  If I cycle through it, the radio will match commander.  So, let's say an option, like NB says ON in commander but it is OFF on the radio.  The first click sends the OFF command  to the radio creating no change since it is already off.  The second click sends the ON command and indeed it turns NB on since it was off.

It's a little more work, but keeps everything in order.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Uwe

Hi Carl,

thank you for your answer!
But how do you handle for example the setting of Attenuation? If you change the band, it is out of sync!?

73 de Uwe, DL4AC

Uwe Hermanns

Edited

Hi Dave,

thank you very much for clarification! So I'm sure, that I have nothing overlooked.
A solution could be to implement something like an interrupt routine.
But I can live with it.

73 de Uwe, DL4AC

thank you very much for clarification! So I'm sure, that I have nothing overlooked.
A solution could be to implement something like an interrupt routine.

+ An "interrupt routine" would not be a solution.

+ In order to update a Command Sequence that controls an item of radio state (like attenuation), Commander would have to continuously poll the radio for changes to that state, as it now does for frequency, mode, RX/TX, split, and passband. There would also have to be a way for the Command Sequence controlling attenuation to be updated when the radio's attenuation state changes, either because you changed it via the radio's front panel, or because of a band change.

+ As previously stated, I'm not aware of a practical way to accomplish this.