IC-7610 and IC-7300 Same Computer

Hank

Hey folks.  I have a 7610 that works perfectly with DXLab on my desktop.  I am attempting to get a 7300 to work on the same computer.  At present, the 7300 works great on a laptop with DXLab using the main computer's database.  Just have to be careful to have one or another situation, and not both.

The main computer, 7610 uses COM Ports 4 and 5.  Set up 7300 on the laptop to also use COM Ports 4 and 5.  Using VSPD to create virtual COM 5.

Went into Commander and set up for 2 computers.  Parameters for COM Ports are the same for both rigs.

When plugging in 7300 to USB and starting DXLab get nothing - no frequency readout etc.

Is this even possible?  I really don't want to create another set of COM Ports specifically for the 7300 using virtual software.  I believe the ICOM driver software is the same for both rigs.  Please check me on this.  I do have an old CV-17 that is not in use.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow
Hey folks.  I have a 7610 that works perfectly with DXLab on my desktop.  I am attempting to get a 7300 to work on the same computer.  At present, the 7300 works great on a laptop with DXLab using the main computer's database.  Just have to be careful to have one or another situation, and not both.

The main computer, 7610 uses COM Ports 4 and 5.  Set up 7300 on the laptop to also use COM Ports 4 and 5.  Using VSPD to create virtual COM 5.

+ That won't work. You should not use VSPD or any other "virtual port" software in this scenario.

A. When you connect your IC-7300 to your PC, it's device driver will create a virtual COM port for transceiver control. Configure Commander to consider your IC-7610 and IC-7610 as primary transceivers that you can choose, or configure one to serve as your Primary transceiver and one as your Secondary transceiver. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/ControllingMultipleRadios.htm

Dave, AA6YQ

Went into Commander and set up for 2 computers.  Parameters for COM Ports are the same for both rigs.

When plugging in 7300 to USB and starting DXLab get nothing - no frequency readout etc.

Is this even possible?  I really don't want to create another set of COM Ports specifically for the 7300 using virtual software.  I believe the ICOM driver software is the same for both rigs.  Please check me on this.  I do have an old CV-17 that is not in use.

Hank

Thanks Dave.  I only use VSPD on the laptop to create a 2nd port.

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:11 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] IC-7610 and IC-7300 Same Computer

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

+ That won't work. You should not use VSPD or any other "virtual port" software in this scenario.

A. When you connect your IC-7300 to your PC, it's device driver will create a virtual COM port for transceiver control. Configure Commander to consider your IC-7610 and IC-7610 as primary transceivers that you can choose, or configure one to serve as your Primary transceiver and one as your Secondary transceiver. See

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

# more AA6YQ comments below

Thanks Dave. I only use VSPD on the laptop to create a 2nd port.

# That's unnecessary. Just connect your IC-7300 to your laptop with a standard USB A-B cable.

Dave, AA6YQ

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:11 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] IC-7610 and IC-7300 Same Computer

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

Hey folks. I have a 7610 that works perfectly with DXLab on my desktop. I am attempting to get a 7300 to work on the same computer. At present, the 7300 works great on a laptop with DXLab using the main computer's database. Just have to be careful to have one or another situation, and not both.

The main computer, 7610 uses COM Ports 4 and 5. Set up 7300 on the laptop to also use COM Ports 4 and 5. Using VSPD to create virtual COM 5.

Dave, AA6YQ

Went into Commander and set up for 2 computers. Parameters for COM Ports are the same for both rigs.

Is this even possible? I really don't want to create another set of COM Ports specifically for the 7300 using virtual software. I believe the ICOM driver software is the same for both rigs. Please check me on this. I do have an old CV-17 that is not in use.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>