IC-7300 Vesion 1.40 - scroll mode

Knut Meland

I have updated to ver 1.40 firmware in my IC-7300. One new feature is Scroll mode. Displays signals within a selected span. When the operating frequency moves outside the screen, the displayed frequency range is automatically scrolled. I have tried this in connection with the Commander Spectrum waterfall. It works fine, but not in scroll mode. Am I missing something, or has the software to be upgraded?
73 de Knut LA9RY

I have updated to ver 1.40 firmware in my IC-7300. One new feature is Scroll mode. Displays signals within a selected span. When the operating frequency moves outside the screen, the displayed frequency range is automatically scrolled.
+ Commander's Spectrum-Waterfall window has provided this capability since it was first add to Commander.

I have tried this in connection with the Commander Spectrum waterfall. It works fine, but not in scroll mode. Am I missing something, or has the software to be upgraded?

+ I haven't looked at the 1.40 documentation to see what Icom did, or loaded that firmware into my IC-7300. For now, keep the IC-7300 out of "Scroll mode" when using Commander's "Spectrum-Waterfall" display. Presumably there's a CI-V command you can use to do this, which you can configure a user-defined control sequence to issue.

Knut Meland

No problem to keep spectrum the old way. That is easily done.
I would like to benefit from the new feature, like I can after the last update for N1MM logger plus.
Do you think the same thing can be done with an user defined control sequence?
I guess there are a few IC-7300 users who wolud like to know how.

73 de Knut LA9RY

Den 09.03.2021 18.49, skrev Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ You've had automatic scrolling when using Commander's Spectrum-Waterfall window for years. What reason is there to put the IC-7300 in "scroll mode" when you are using DXLab?

like I can after the last update for N1MM logger plus.
Do you think the same thing can be done with an user defined control sequence?

+ Since I don't know what the last update for N1MM did, I don't know what "the same thing" means.

+ I'm assuming that Icom provided a new CI-V command that enables and disables "scroll mode". If they followed their unusual practice, it's described in the documentation that accompanied the firmware update.

+ My advice to DXLab users is "leave the IC-7300's new scroll mode disabled". If you use an app that enables "scroll mode", disable it before starting Commander.

Buck

Where is the Spectrum Waterfall window in Commander? I can't find it.

Buck, k4ia
Honor Roll
8BDXCC
EasyWayHamBooks.com

On 3/9/2021 5:43 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ On the Configuration window's Bandspread tab, check the Spectrum-Waterfall window box in the upper-left corner.

+ Step-by-step configuration and usage instructions are available in "
Enabling Commander's Spectrum-Waterfall Window when Controlling an Icom Transceiver", available via

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpectrumWaterfallIcom

+ Reference documentation is here:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/ChangingFrequency.htm#Changing_frequency_via_the_Spectrum-Waterfall_window