Topics

IC-7300 clock set

Allen Jones

I have had my 7300 powered down for a while primarily using my IC-7600 on FT8.  When I powered up today the clock had lost it's time which will happen if no power is applied to the radio for an extended period.  I started Commander thinking it would reset the clock but it didn't happen. I have the Set UTC time at startup box checked in the general configuration.  I also tried clicking on the Set Time box with no effect.  My computer is connected to the radio using the legacy CI-V port.   No issues with Commander otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Allen, W9DZ

I have had my 7300 powered down for a while primarily using my IC-7600 on FT8. When I powered up today the clock had lost it's time which will happen if no power is applied to the radio for an extended period. I started Commander thinking it would reset the clock but it didn't happen. I have the Set UTC time at startup box checked in the general configuration. I also tried clicking on the Set Time box with no effect. My computer is connected to the radio using the legacy CI-V port. No issues with Commander otherwise.

Any suggestions?

+ I used its menu system to set my IC-7300's clock to the wrong time, and then click Commander's "Set Time" button; the IC-7300 immediately displayed the correct time. There are no reports from other users of Commander not setting the correct time in any transceiver that accepts it.

+ If you manually set your IC-7300's date and time, does it correctly keep time?