From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dr. Larry S. Anderson
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 13:08
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] How to Undo QSOs uploaded from ADIF file

Uh-oh!!  I made a big mistake.  Now, I need to find the "reverse" gear for what I just did.

One of our contest club members used our club call sign during CQ WPX CW and made nearly 2700 Qs.  I just now got the ADIF file from him and imported the ADIF file to DX Keeper.  HOWEVER...

When I imported, I tried to get DX Keeper to include his call sign, operator ID, and the MYQTH ID info.  Shucks!

Now, it appears that not only those QSOs, but all the QSOs in the log are identified with his info.  I surely didn't mean to do that!!

Where is the reverse gear so I can "UnImport" those Qs, back up, fix things the right way, and reimport those QSOs to DX Keeper?

Feeling like a real dunce here!

--Larry Anderson NN5O

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Uh-oh!! I made a big mistake. Now, I need to find the "reverse" gear for what I just did.

One of our contest club members used our club call sign during CQ WPX CW and made nearly 2700 Qs. I just now got the ADIF file from him and imported the ADIF file to DX Keeper. HOWEVER...

When I imported, I tried to get DX Keeper to include his call sign, operator ID, and the MYQTH ID info.

+ What actions did you take to do this.

Shucks!

+ What does that mean?

Now, it appears that not only those QSOs, but all the QSOs in the log are identified with his info. I surely didn't mean to do that!!

+ Re "all the QSOs in the log are identified with his info": importing an ADIF file cannot do this.

Where is the reverse gear so I can "UnImport" those Qs, back up, fix things the right way, and reimport those QSOs to DX Keeper?

+ Unless you backed up your log before taking whatever actions you took, there is no "undo import" function. And even if there were, "undoing" the import would not correct the changes you report above.

+ An accurate recounting of the actions you took is a prerequisite for offering competent corrective advice.