How to see Probable Unknown Dups before deletion?

ART W2NRA

 I read the instructions on how to delete dupes in DXLab DXKeeper. The instructions doesn’t say if I’d be able to see which dupe would gets deleted. Since some of the dupes have more information than the other is there a way to see which dupe will be deleted?

Why do I suspect dupes? Total QSO count doesn’t match. For a couple of years now I’ve been uploading a large number of contest QSOs from N1MM Logger+ to DXKeeper. Sometimes I’d skip a contest or two, so I’d upload some contests more than once. I assumed that DXKeeper wouldn’t allow dupes.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

? I read the instructions on how to delete dupes in DXLab DXKeeper. The instructions doesn't say if I'd be able to see which dupe would gets deleted.

+ As described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/FilterLog.htm#Duplicate%20filter

+ the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's Duplicate filter

- clears the Select item of each QSO in the Log

- checks each QSO in the Log Page Display to see whether any other QSO in the Log Page Display exactly matches its Callsign, Band, Mode, QSO Begin Date and Time, and sets the Select item of such duplicate QSO to Y

- displays all QSOs whose Select item is set to Y

+ Thus the Duplicate filter leaves the Log Page Display containing QSOs it flagged as duplicates; you can delete these duplicates en masse by depressing the CTRL key while clicking the Delete button above the Log Page Display.

Since some of the dupes have more information than the other is there a way to see which dupe will be deleted?

+ The next version of DXKeeper augments the Duplicate filter with a new Merge option that when enabled harvests information from duplicate QSOs whose Select items are set to 'Y' and places that harvested information into empty items in the QSO whose Select item will not be set to 'Y'. Several users have been testing this next version, but none have focused on testing the new Merge option. Would you like to give it a try?

Why do I suspect dupes? Total QSO count doesn't match.

+ Total QSO count doesn't match what?

For a couple of years now I've been uploading a large number of contest QSOs from N1MM Logger+ to DXKeeper. Sometimes I'd skip a contest or two, so I'd upload some contests more than once. I assumed that DXKeeper wouldn't allow dupes.

+ DXKeeper's "Import QSOs" will reject duplicates if you check the "Check duplicates on import" box in the "Duplicate checking" panel on the Main window's "Import QSOs" tab before you click that tab's Start button. Checking for duplicate QSOs is expensive: each QSO imported must be compared with every existing QSO in your log. DXKeeper uses a hash table to accelerate this, but the procedure is still too slow to make duplicate checking on import non-optional.

ART W2NRA

Hi Dave,

I replied to your email directly. I wouldn’t want you to think I ignored you. Thank you for your reply. It was a big help.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

+ AA6YQ comments below