Topics

how to extract those worked on 9 bands

OA9DVK

Hi there, this is JD, OA9DVK. I am new to the group. I do not know if the topic has already been discussed.
I would need to know if I can extract a report to all those worked on 9 bands. I hope this is not a dumb quiestion. I need to have a report of that.
I do not know whether this is possible with DXKeeper or not.
Anyway, I have tested several suites and loggers and DXLab is so far the best for me. Thank you for the great efforts.

Greetings from the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest
Daniel "JD" Ferrato
OA9DVK

Dave AA6YQ

Hi there, this is JD, OA9DVK. I am new to the group.

+ Welcome to DXLab, JD!

I do not know if the topic has already been discussed.
I would need to know if I can extract a report to all those worked on 9 bands.

+ By "those", do you mean callsigns, DXCC entities, CQ zones, IOTA islands, Maidenhead grid squares, US States, or something else?

OA9DVK

Hi Dave, ops...I should be more detailed, sorry. I mean callsigns. I need to know all those stations that I had contacts with on 9 bands.

With friendly greetings

Daniel Jd" Ferrato

Latitude -5.023231 ( 5 1' 23'' S)
Longitude -78.340072 (78 20' 24'' W)

Hi there, this is JD, OA9DVK. I am new to the group.

+ Welcome to DXLab, JD!

I do not know if the topic has already been discussed.
I would need to know if I can extract a report to all those worked on 9 bands.

+ By "those", do you mean callsigns, DXCC entities, CQ zones, IOTA islands, Maidenhead grid squares, US States, or something else?

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:34 PM OA9DVK <Dferrato@oceanbays.com> wrote:

Hi Dave, ops...I should be more detailed, sorry. I mean callsigns. I need to know all those stations that I had contacts with on 9 bands.
Any 9 bands, or 9 specific bands.10/12/15/17/20/30/40/80/160 is
sometimes considered to be "9 band DXCC", even though (AFAIK) there is
no actual DXCC award for that. It's probably possible to create a SQL
filter for that. Doing it for any 9 bands (e.g. including 2m, 6m,
etc.) would be a different problem.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Hi there, this is JD, OA9DVK. I am new to the group.

+ Welcome to DXLab, JD!

I do not know if the topic has already been discussed.
I would need to know if I can extract a report to all those worked on 9 bands.

+ By "those", do you mean callsigns, DXCC entities, CQ zones, IOTA islands, Maidenhead grid squares, US States, or something else?

Mike Rhodes / W8DN

JD,
  are you looking for individual stations that you have contacted on 9 bands (i.e., you worked W8DN on 9 bands) or are you looking for DXCC countries on 9 bands and the stations you have contacted in those countries?

Mike / W8DN

On 10/29/2020 4:14 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:34 PM OA9DVK <Dferrato@...> wrote:
[...]

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 1:15 PM iain macdonnell - N6ML via groups.io
<ar=dseven.org@groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:34 PM OA9DVK <Dferrato@oceanbays.com> wrote:

Hi Dave, ops...I should be more detailed, sorry. I mean callsigns. I need to know all those stations that I had contacts with on 9 bands.
Any 9 bands, or 9 specific bands.10/12/15/17/20/30/40/80/160 is
sometimes considered to be "9 band DXCC", even though (AFAIK) there is
no actual DXCC award for that. It's probably possible to create a SQL
filter for that. Doing it for any 9 bands (e.g. including 2m, 6m,
etc.) would be a different problem.
Actually even the "9 specific bands" case is probably not possible
with the filtering interface presented by DXKeeper. It could be done
by analysing the database content outside DXKeeper, though.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Hi there, this is JD, OA9DVK. I am new to the group.

+ Welcome to DXLab, JD!

I do not know if the topic has already been discussed.
I would need to know if I can extract a report to all those worked on 9 bands.

+ By "those", do you mean callsigns, DXCC entities, CQ zones, IOTA islands, Maidenhead grid squares, US States, or something else?

Hi Dave, ops...I should be more detailed, sorry. I mean callsigns. I need to know all those stations that I had contacts with on 9 bands.

+ Thanks for the clarification.

+ DXKeeper does not keep track of progress for individual callsigns, thus there is no way to produce the report you seek. Is there an award based on working callsigns?

+ As Iain N6ML points out, you could make a copy of your log file, load that copy into a spreadsheet application like Excel, and develop a macro that accomplishes your objective.

OA9DVK

Thank you for the suggestion guys. My purpose would be to prepare a special qsl for those who contacted me on
8bands
9bands
So, I was looking for a way to highlight all those stations who met this requirement. Any band 6-160 would be counted.
Any ideas how the macros would be? I am not that good on that but I understand it is off topic.
Thank you gentlemen for the very fast replies.

With friendly greetings

Daniel Jd" Ferrato

Latitude -5.023231 ( 5 1' 23'' S)
Longitude -78.340072 (78 20' 24'' W)

Hi Dave, ops...I should be more detailed, sorry. I mean callsigns. I need to know all those stations that I had contacts with on 9 bands.

+ Thanks for the clarification.

+ DXKeeper does not keep track of progress for individual callsigns, thus there is no way to produce the report you seek. Is there an award based on working callsigns?

+ As Iain N6ML points out, you could make a copy of your log file, load that copy into a spreadsheet application like Excel, and develop a macro that accomplishes your objective.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

I don't know how to do it in Excel, but here's a quick'n'dirty python script....

https://pastebin.com/TvMs5KEk

To use it, you'd need to install:

1) Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable -
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
2) python 3 - from the Windows store (3.8) should work
3) After installing python, run "pip install pyodbc" in a PowerShell
or Command Prompt

Edit the script and substitute the path to your log database, then run
it with "python 10bands.py":

PS C:\Users\imacdonn\Desktop> python 10bands.py
T32C has been worked on 10 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 80M 160M
PZ5RA has been worked on 10 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M
CO8LY has been worked on 11 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
HI3TEJ has been worked on 10 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 80M 160M
MD0CCE has been worked on 10 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 80M 160M
FS/K9EL has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
HR5/F2JD has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
5W1SA has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
TX7M has been worked on 10 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 80M 160M
J68HZ has been worked on 11 bands: 6M 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
K5P has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
3D2AG has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
VP6R has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
HU1DL has been worked on 10 bands: 10M 12M 15M 17M 20M 30M 40M 60M 80M 160M
PS C:\Users\imacdonn\Desktop>

For 9 (or more) bands, it should be obvious what to change in the script.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 2:58 PM OA9DVK <Dferrato@oceanbays.com> wrote:

[...]

+ If you click the Uniques button at the bottom of DXKeeper's Main window's "Check Progress" tab, DXKeeper will generate a text report showing each of the callsigns you've worked. The each callsign, the number of QSOs on each band and in each mode is shown.

+ Load this report into a spreadsheet, add a "BandsWorked" column, and populate this column with a formula that sums the number of bands worked. Then sort by the BandsWorked column.

OA9DVK

Tnx Iain, I will give it a try. I would prefer to do it on excel but I am not that good, sigh.
This may be a nice solution.
Thank you for helping this isolated white man 😊

[...]

+ In the next version of DXKeeper, I have extended the Uniques function (Main window, bottom of "Check Porgress" tab), which generates a report showing every callsign worked:

1. adds a Bands column to the report that shows the total number of bands on which each callsign has been worked (160m through 2m)

2. invoking the Uniques report while depressing the ALT key generates a report sorted in descending order of bands worked

3. doesn't delete the UniquesReport.mdb file (in DXKeeper's Databases folder) after generating a Uniques report

4. adds a Uniques_BandTotal script command that generates a Uniques report sorted in descending order of bands worked

+ Item 3 deserves additional explanation. Invoking the Uniques report has always created a database with one row for each unique callsign, and columns for bands, modes, confirmation status, and credit granted status; this database is named UniquesReport.mdb and lives in DXKeeper's Databases folder. However, all previous versions of DXKeeper have deleted this database after traversing it to generate the promised report. The next version of DXKeeper leaves this database in place so that you can if desired load it into a spreadsheet application to perform additional analysis. When the Uniques function is invoked, it deletes the existing database, creates a new one, and populates it.

+ Arguably, creating a table in the current log (instead of a table in a standalone database) would be better, as doing so would enable the user to construct SQL queries that, to pick a random example, filter the Log Page Display to contain only QSOs with stations with whom you've made QSOs on 9 or more bands. However, the contents of this table would become obsolete each time you logged a new QSO, or made certain modifications to an already logged QSO - so I'm reluctant to tackle this step without feedback and additional thought.

73,

Dave