Topics

How to disable FTx audible alarms (only) ??

bob-w9zv

i do not want to display or hear any audible alarms for FT4/FT8 spots.

i have unchecked the boxes for the mode on SC's  MODE filters, which seems to fix displaying those modes,
but that does NOT seem to stop the audible alarms from going off for FTx...

how to mute these (and these only) off??
i guess i would have thought that the Mode Filter settings would have done both.

i do not want to display or hear any audible alarms for FT4/FT8 spots.

+ I assume that you mean "I want to hide Spot Database Entries for stations operating in FT4 and FT8, and do not want an audio alarm when Spot Database Entries for stations operating in FT4 and FT8 are first created".

i have unchecked the boxes for the mode on SC's MODE filters, which seems to fix displaying those modes, but that does NOT seem to stop the audible alarms from going off for FTx...

+ Correct. For flexibility, SpotCollector provides you with independent control of what's visible in the Spot Database Display and what is announced. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots>

how to mute these (and these only) off??

i guess i would have thought that the Mode Filter settings would have done both.

+ That would be inflexible if it were the only option. For example, some ops keep the Spot Database Display filtered to display all "needed" active stations, but configure audio alerts for "needed" active stations on 6m only.

+ Reviewing the documentation eliminates guesswork. The documentation for audio alerts is here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationAudio.htm>

+ To configure audio alerting to match your filtering (Band, Mode, Origin, Continent, eQSL, LOTW) of the Spot Database Display, set the "Audio Alarm trigger" panel to "Needed & Filtered" on the "Audio Alarm" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window.

bob-w9zv

damn... i always hate it when i'm told its in the manual, as i do normally try to at least look at it... i read that section but misunderstood what the "filtered" meant in the context of the audio stuff.  arrrrrghhh

I agree what is implemented is more flexible and desired (splitting the display/announcments apart) and its the right thing to do and fairly obvious... my query may have been a bit ambiguous.

i normally do a lot or RTFM... before i post something here.   Having created a few apps in my time, I realize how supporting the thing is no trivial effort on your part, thank you for that.   apologize for taking your "support" bandwidth Dave...

damn... i always hate it when i'm told its in the manual, as i do normally try to at least look at it... i read that section but misunderstood what the "filtered" meant in the context of the audio stuff.

+ How would you suggest that the documentation be improved to prevent the misunderstanding?