From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Norm via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2022 23:00
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] help with Querry for DX Marathon

I would like some help building a Spot Collector Query for rows that are still needed for CQDX Marathon.

CQ Magazine's Annual DX Marathon

Starting January 1 of each year, the DX Marathon is the perfect answer for the DX-er who needs that extra incentive to get on the air every day! Simply work as many countries and CQ Zones as you can in each calendar year, regardless of the band or mode.  Each country and zone counts only once, so you can concentrate on working new ones rather than working the same ones on multiple bands and modes.   Many awards are given for the top overall scores in four classes plus top scores in modes, bands, US call areas and more!   Details of the extensive award list are available here.

Thanks.
Norm WA4ZXV EM73vw

Here is what you need to get going with CQ Marathon.  Read all the listed items.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MarathonAwardTracking

Since you are just starting CQ Marathon, for all practical purposes you are at the beginning of this year. So, you will need the spreadsheet referred to in the last item.

 Resetting Realtime CQ DX Marathon Award Tracking at the Beginning of Each Year

+ Also take a look at the Reference Documentation:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Realtime%20Award%20Tracking%20for%20CQ%20Marathon

wc3w

Dave thanks for supporting DX Marathon….we are in the process of restructuring this whole program….as many know, John, K9EL has single-handedly managed this program for the past 18 years and done a remarkable job.  Needless to say, he is a bit “spent” and is transfering many of his responsibilities to myself, WC3W.  I am not a super-human but have agreed to administer the entire program.  For anyone that wishes to contact me, I can be reached at wc3w@....

We have solicited volunteers for the new organization, and we were graciously blessed with many so John and I are now sorting out people and newly established positions within the new organization.  John has agreed to continue his leadership through 2022.  He will hand it off to the new organization starting with the program beginning 2023.  John has also agreed to sit on the board for an extended period of time at least for a couple years as a “consultant”.

The program is growing….I encourage all to visit the website and read John’s summary of 2021 performances.  We have some exciting plans including a vision and mission statement.  With cycle 25 kicking in, and FT8 solidly in pace making it possible for many hams who previously could not work DX due to HOA restrictions, lack of ability to fund big stations, a chance to participate in DX.  The combo of this and cycle 25 gives us hope that the growth of DX Marathon will be substantial over the next 5-10 years.

The website with the rules, etc. can be found on www.dxmarathon.com.

73 and again to Dave…thank you for all your support of DX Marathon in your amazing DX Lab Software…..it is the best!

Mark
WC3W

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 05:27 PM, wc3w wrote:
[...]

+ Excellent, Mark! Thanks for stepping up to ensure that the CQ DX Marathon will continue. As an on-air activity, it provides new DXers with a way to rapidly learn skills and gain experience, while providing seasoned DXers with the ability to keep their skills sharp between activations of rare entities and zones.

+ Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

wc3w

Dave, thank you for your comments below….and we will not abuse the use of your talents…but if we get in a bind….we will be back at you.  For those that have not participated in DX Marathon, Dave has created a wonderful part of his package that allows you to keep a running tabulation of progress….anytime during the year.  It works so well!

73
Mark
WC3W