Topics

Help with CW slider

John Hudson

I just received my IC-7300 less than 2 weeks ago and I’ve been setting my sliders and sequences for Commander but having some problems with the CW speed

Here’s what I have

<LowerBound>6

<UpperBound>210

<SmallStep>1

<BigStep>25

<Caption>CW Speed <value 100>%

<Function>CW Speed

<Command>FEFE<CIV>E0140C<D4>FD

<Value>210

<InitializeRadio>0

Now this works BUT it’s shows only % on the slider and I have it where 50% = 24WPM.  Is there a script that will show accurate WPM on COMMNDER? I can make it show WPM of course but 99 WPM is not correct !!

Thanks

John

KO4XJ

Here’s what I have
<LowerBound>6
<UpperBound>210
<SmallStep>1
<BigStep>25
<Caption>CW Speed <value 100>%
<Function>CW Speed
<Command>FEFE<CIV>E0140C<D4>FD
<Value>210
<InitializeRadio>0

Now this works BUT it’s shows only % on the slider and I have it where 50% =
24WPM.  Is there a script that will show accurate WPM on COMMNDER? I can
make it show WPM of course but 99 WPM is not correct !!

+Replace

<Caption>CW Speed <value 100>%

+ with

<Caption><value L, U> WPM

+ where L is the WPM at the minimum setting and U is the WPM at the maximum
setting.

+ If you'd set the LowerBound to 0 and the upper UpperBound to 255, then L
would be 6 and U would be 48:

<Caption><value 6, 48> WPM

+ See the description of the 140C command on page 19-3 of the IC-7300
Instruction manual.

Thanks
John
KO4XJ

John Hudson

Thanks Dave got it.. changed the LOWER and UPPER back to default and added
the new command line and works like I want now.

Now I have a new example to go by, I'll play with a few other sliders and
sequences

73

John
KO4XJ

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 02:24 PM, John Hudson wrote:
Now I have a new example to go by, I'll play with a few other sliders and
sequences

+ There are lots of examples here:

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/files/Command%20Sequences%20and%20Sliders/Icom>

Carl - WC4H

Edited

Hi  John.

I found that by setting the Small step to 6 and the Big step to 30, I can get a 1 wpm change with the small and a 5 wpm change with the big.  Makes it quite predictable.

73.
Carl - WC4H