Topics

Handling the LoTW?ClubLog/QRZ side after editing a logged QSO ?

Andrew OBrien

I'm a tad confused.

I had a contact with a station and logged it to the wrong band (Commander had not connected) .  I realized my mistake and corrected this, but not before my incorrect QSO info had uploaded to LoTW. After I corrected things,  I was about to simply upload it to LoTW again but noticed DXK  did not provide that option.  Instead, I was presented with the option to"Update from LoTW" .  That baffled me a little but the info that came back showed the QSO was now correct. I did not notice anything in DX keeping updating LoTW after I made the correction  but, magically,  LotW log was correct. That is good . However, I then received an email from my contact indicating that the QSO was listed on my QRZ page and had the wrong band, still. QRZ gets info from my Clublog account.  . What is the correct method for correcting an error in one's log and then having ClubLog corrected ?  I see that within DX Keeper I can "delete from ClubLog" but that would delete the corrected log entry , right ?
Andy K3UK

I'm a tad confused.

I had a contact with a station and logged it to the wrong band (Commander had not connected) . I realized my mistake and corrected this, but not before my incorrect QSO info had uploaded to LoTW. After I corrected things, I was about to simply upload it to LoTW again but noticed DXK did not provide that option.

+ On the Main window's QSL tab, make sure that the QSL Queue is empty. Then on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, right-click the QSO's entry in the "Log Page Display", and select "Upload to LoTW" from the popup menu.

Instead, I was presented with the option to"Update from LoTW" .

+ That function queries LoTW to determine if the QSO has been accepted and confirmed, and updates the logged QSO to reflect this status.

That baffled me a little but the info that came back showed the QSO was now correct. I did not notice anything in DX keeping updating LoTW after I made the correction but, magically, LotW log was correct.

+ If by "the QSO was now correct" you mean that its band was correct, that's because you corrected it earlier (as described above). However, the QSO you submitted to LoTW still specifies an incorrect band, and thus will not generate a confirmation.

That is good . However, I then received an email from my contact indicating that the QSO was listed on my QRZ page and had the wrong band, still. QRZ gets info from my Clublog account. . What is the correct method for correcting an error in one's log and then having ClubLog corrected ?

+ Before you correct the QSO, right click the QSO's entry in the Log Page Display and select "Delete from Club Log" from the popup menu. Then correct the logged QSO. Then right click the QSO's entry in the Log Page Display and select "Upload to Club Log" from the popup menu.

Andrew OBrien

Thanks Dave .

Andy

On Oct 8, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Carl - WC4H

Hi Andy.

For the QRZ record, you have to go to your log at QRZ.COM and edit that qso.
Just click on the QSO in your log and it will bring up the details.  Then click on the "Edit" Button next to "Actions" just above the top left of the QSO info.

Once you edit band and frequency, make sure to click on the "Save" button at the bottom.

73.
Carl - WC4H