Topics

Grid Glitch

AE7AP

I note an apparent glitch with the Grid computation from Lat/Long.  It can be replicated as follows:

Lat:  45.9997
Long: -115.0808
Should be: DN25lx
DXKeeper:  DN26la

It correctly computes if the significant digits for Lat are limited to 45.999

73,
Rob - AE7AP

I note an apparent glitch with the Grid computation from Lat/Long. It can be replicated as follows:

Lat: 45.9997
Long: -115.0808
Should be: DN25lx
DXKeeper: DN26la

It correctly computes if the significant digits for Lat are limited to 45.999

+ Latitudes in DXKeeper are specified with degrees, minutes, and seconds -- not with signed decimal numbers. Where in DXKeeper are you specifying the latitude as 45.9997 ?

+ If you are importing an ADIF record, please post this record's LAT field.

AE7AP

Dave:
I am referring to the Grid Computation on the "my QTHs" tab (after pushing the "New" button).  Lat/Long can be entered in a Decimal-Degree format (which is very nice).  The grid is then computed in real-time (also very nice).  The Decimal-Degree Lat/Long is then correctly converted to DDD-MM-SS in the summary table lower on the page.  It is only the Grid location that is incorrect & the grid is only incorrect if the 4th significant digit is included with the Decimal-Degree.  It works fine with three significant digits.  It is minor - but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

I am not (in this example) importing an ADIF file.

Thank you for everything you do & 73,
Rob - AE7AP

I am referring to the Grid Computation on the "my QTHs" tab (after pushing the "New" button). Lat/Long can be entered in a Decimal-Degree format (which is very nice). The grid is then computed in real-time (also very nice). The Decimal-Degree Lat/Long is then correctly converted to DDD-MM-SS in the summary table lower on the page. It is only the Grid location that is incorrect & the grid is only incorrect if the 4th significant digit is included with the Decimal-Degree. It works fine with three significant digits. It is minor - but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

+ Thanks, Rob! I'd forgotten about the decimal lat/lon entry option on the "my QTHs" tab. This looks like an "insufficient precision" problem; I am investigating...