Grid field overwritten by former data

suitbert@...

Hello,
I am logging a portable station, which I have worked sometime before. That old QSO his gridsquare has been JN11aa. Now he is portable again, operating from JN77zz.
I do populate the field with the new locator JN77zz and do save the QSO to the log. If I do look up the QSO in the log again, I will find the old grid JN11aa instead of JN77zz.
Any idea what is going wrong there? Thanks a lot!
regards,
Bert, DF2PI

I am logging a portable station, which I have worked sometime before. That old QSO his gridsquare has been JN11aa. Now he is portable again, operating from JN77zz.
I do populate the field with the new locator JN77zz and do save the QSO to the log. If I do look up the QSO in the log again, I will find the old grid JN11aa instead of JN77zz

+ Are you logging from DXKeeper's Capture window, its Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, or from some other application?

suitbert@...

I am logging with the Capture window and I am doing the correction in the Main window.

I am logging a portable station, which I have worked sometime before. That old QSO his gridsquare has been JN11aa. Now he is portable again, operating from JN77zz.
I do populate the field with the new locator JN77zz and do save the QSO to the log. If I do look up the QSO in the log again, I will find the old grid JN11aa instead of JN77zz.
Any idea what is going wrong there?

+ JN77zz is not a valid grid square, so DXKeeper ignored it and used the previous QSO's grid square because you have it configured to harvest information from previous QSOs.

suitbert@...

Sorry Dave, forget about JN77zz, this was just an example to show, that the QSO has been logged with another grid-data than the first one. So I still do have the problem anyhow.
73, Bert, DF2PI

Sorry Dave, forget about JN77zz, this was just an example to show, that the QSO has been logged with another grid-data than the first one. So I still do have the problem anyhow.

+ OK. Please do the following:

1. if DXKeeper is configured to automatically upload logged QSOs to ClubLog, eQSL, or LoTW, please disable this functionality

2. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

3. terminate DXKeeper

4. start DXKeeper, and wait for it to fully initialize

5. using the Capture window, log a test QSO with that same portable station you mentioned, but this time set the grid square to JN12 before you click the Capture window's Log button

6. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

8. re-enable whatever you disabled in step 1