Topics

Graphics Resolution Problem with DXKeeper

Walter Miller, AJ6T

It has taken me a while to rebuild my station after a move to a new QTH in Tennessee.  The old Win10 i5 computer that I had been using with DXLab was idle for some months while I logged QSOs at the new QTH on a laptop running N1MM+, intending ultimately to import ADIF files into DXKeeper.  When I finally reactivated that i5 machine it got mated to a different monitor with somewhat lower native resolution (1366x768) than the previous monitor.  In that condition the DXK logging window extends off the screen, and the DXK window cannot be resized.  If I change the graphics resolution to 1280x1024 the entire DXK window can be seen, but I want to run the monitor at its native resolution to get the cleanest possible picture.  Is there a way for DXLab to be run on my monitor at 1366x768 resolution?
73, Walt, AJ6T

It has taken me a while to rebuild my station after a move to a new QTH in Tennessee. The old Win10 i5 computer that I had been using with DXLab was idle for some months while I logged QSOs at the new QTH on a laptop running N1MM+, intending ultimately to import ADIF files into DXKeeper. When I finally reactivated that i5 machine it got mated to a different monitor with somewhat lower native resolution (1366x768) than the previous monitor. In that condition the DXK logging window extends off the screen, and the DXK window cannot be resized. If I change the graphics resolution to 1280x1024 the entire DXK window can be seen, but I want to run the monitor at its native resolution to get the cleanest possible picture. Is there a way for DXLab to be run on my monitor at 1366x768 resolution?

+ With 3 or 4 of its 8 panels enabled and 3 QSOs visible in the Log Page display, DXKeeper's Main window will be around 750 pixels in height, the minimum width is around 600 pixels.

+ If you check the "Display panels in two columns" box in the "Main Log QSOs options" panel on the Configuration window's General tab, the minimum width will expand to ~1280 pixels, and you'll be able to display 6 panels in 750 pixels of height.