Topics

FW: Yaesu FT-757GX Cat interface

W4HRA - Rick Spears

Hello. New to group hope this is ok to send here. I have searched in Group and all info is at least 10 years old.

Using Yaesu FT-757GX (not II) and cannot get it work with Commander. Using Windows 10.

I am using a CAT interface to USB cable showing up as Com 6 on my PC. PC configured to recommended 4800 baud rate, word length 8, stop bits 2 etc. Set up for PC port config and in Commander.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. Rick

Hello. New to group hope this is ok to send here.

+ Welcome to DXLab, Rick!

I have searched in Group and all info is at least 10 years old.

Using Yaesu FT-757GX (not II) and cannot get it work with Commander. Using Windows 10.

I am using a CAT interface to USB cable showing up as Com 6 on my PC. PC configured to recommended 4800 baud rate, word length 8,
stop bits 2 etc. Set up for PC port config and in Commander.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

+ Step-by-step instructions are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlYaesu>;

+ As stated in the " Model-specific notes" of this article,

"The FT-736R and FT-757GX do not provide CAT commands that enable Commander to track its frequency and mode; the FT-757GXII does
provide these CAT commands."

+ Thus Commander is able to set your transceiver's frequency and mode, but cannot track and display these parameters.

W4HRA - Rick Spears

Thank you Dave.

+ AA6YQ comments below