Topics

FW: [wsjt-devel] The FT4 Protocol for Digital Contesting

Dave AA6YQ

To: WSJT-X users interested in testing FT4
From: K1JT, K9AN, and G4WJS

Soon after the "FT8 Roundup" held on December 1-2, 2018, we started serious work on a faster, more contest-friendly digital mode
that can compete with RTTY-contesting QSO rates while preserving many of the benefits of FT8. The result is FT4 -- a new digital
mode specifically designed for radio contesting.

Over the past month a small group of volunteers have been conducting on-the-air tests of FT4. The early tests were very successful
and helped us to make a number of important design decisions. We believe
FT4 has considerable promise for its intended purpose.

We'll soon be ready for testing by a larger group. If you might be interested in participating and offering your considered
feedback, please read the descriptive document "The FT4 Protocol for Digital Contesting", posted here:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT4_Protocol.pdf

We plan to post downloadable installation packages for WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc5 on April 29, one week from today. The document linked above
includes

- Instructions for installing WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc5 and FT4 configuration

- Operating instructions for FT4

- Basic description of the FT4 protocol, modulation, and waveform

- Detailed sensitivity measurements for FT4 under a wide variety of
simulated propagation conditions

- Schedule for upcoming test sessions

Please consider helping us to make FT4 a successful mode for digital contesting

With best wishes and 73,

-- Joe (K1JT), Steve (K9AN), and Bill (G4WJS)

---
https://www.avg.com

Andy k3wyc <a.durbin@...>

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
Please consider helping us to make FT4 a successful mode for digital contesting
I see that WSJT-X ver 2.1.0 has some integration with N1MM+.   Are there any plans for full integration between N1MM+ and WSJT-X so that WSJT-X can be configured as an N1MM+ "digital engine"?

73,
Andy, k3wyc

Pete Smith

Best to ask on N1MMplus@groups.io