From: dxmarathon@groups.io [mailto:dxmarathon@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bernie
McClenny
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:34 AM
To: dxmarathon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [dxmarathon] T6/IT9HRK

T6 has been the official prefix for Afghanistan since around 2003.
Afghanistan no long issues YA callsigns for Amateur Radio.
Bernie

Bernie McClenny, W3UR

Editor of: The Daily DX (1997-2019)
The Weekly DX (2001-2019)
How's DX? (1999-2019)

Two week trial -
http://www.dailydx.com/free-trial-request/
https://twitter.com/dailydx
410-489-6518

On Sep 10, 2019, at 9:30 AM, N4KW Pete <n4kwpete@...> wrote:

Hi John, I have searched high and low and cannot find a T6 prefix listed
anywhere on NG3K web page, and DXLab does not show a T6 either. How about
sending some light on this for me, I might have missed an announcement.
73, Pete, N4KW

On 9/3/2019 2:44 PM, John K9EL wrote:
Several people have asked me if T6/IT9HRK will count for the 2019 DX
Marathon. At this time, that station is not valid for the 2019 DX
Marathon. Please note that S53R, Robert, will soon begin operation as
T6AA. T6 callsigns are valid for the DX Marathon.

73, John K9EL
DX Marathon Manager

Dave regarding this email from Bernie, W3UR would that require any changes to any of the databases in DXLabs? I notice the DX
Marathon report doesn't show T6 next to the YA Prefix listing.

+ I posted the following in the dxmarathon@groups.io thread from which you quote Bernie W3UR's comments:

+ The ARRL DXCC Country list still specifies YA as the "principal prefix" for Afghanistan:

<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2019_Current_Deleted(3).txt>

+ as does the CQ DX Marathon Scoresheet:

<http://www.dxmarathon.com/Submission/2019/DX%20Marathon%20Scoresheet-2019.2.xls>

+ Download the "Award Credit Matrix" from your LoTW DXCC account, and you'll see your DXCC Credits listed with Afghanistan listed
with a YA principle prefix.

+ The T6 prefix has also been assigned to Afghanistan.

Hi John, I have searched high and low and cannot find a T6 prefix listed anywhere on NG3K web page, and DXLab does not show a T6
either.

+ DXLab applications all know that the T6 prefix is assigned to Afghanistan. Try pasting T6/IT9HRK into DXView and striking the
Enter key.

+ DXLab will continue to employ YA as the "principal prefix" for Afghanistan until the ARRL changes it. Note that this is largely
irrelevant except for the sorting of entries in reports ordered by "principle prefix". What matters is the "DXCC Country Code",
which is immutable; For Afghanistan, the country code is 3.

[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

Julio Peralta

Dave what I was getting at is DXLab's marathon progress report doesn't show
T6 with the YA prefix. Since the CQ Marathon report does shouldn't DXLab's
show it as well?

Julio, W4HY

[...]

+ No, since that report is not what one submits. It's the Scoresheet that get submitted, and it specifies both YA and T6.