FW: 6 meter EME Live Demo by Lance W7GJ - Video now on YouTube.

Dave AA6YQ

For anyone interested in 6m EME using the new Q65 mode, this demonstration is an excellent introduction. A li0nk to the recording is provided below

Lance W7GJ and attended Middle School together in Lancaster Pennsylvania, but lost touch when his family moved to another town -- next door to a ham, who helped Lance get his ticket. We reconnected when several years ago I saw his name in a CQ Magazine article about EME, and we've worked on 6m via sporadic E. Since 6m EME contacts count for DXCC Challenge, I'm going to try EME at moonrise and moonset with my 7-element beam and SPE amplifier, hoping that ground gain and Q65 will make the path work.

Hello All- Thank you for joining the Cherryland Amateur Radio Club in Traverse City, Michigan for this live demo of 6M EME contacts using Q65 mode by Lance Colister, W7GJ.

The video is a recording of the Zoom conference in the entirety of Lance's presentation. We edited out the Cherryland ARC club-business meeting that preceded the EME section.

If you have questions about the video, or Cherryland ARC, please contact WX1J.

If you have questions about Lance, his demonstration or activity in weak signal EME and/or his DXpeditions, please contact Lance, W7GJ

Thank you again.
Here is the link. https://youtu.be/vOrCXifwAsM <https://youtu.be/vOrCXifwAsM>
<https://youtu.be/vOrCXifwAsM>

g4wjs

Hi Dave,

if your 6m band noise is low you should have no problem working Lance on EME at Moon set/rise. Recently a VK station with 120W to a 7 el without elevation has been worked by some of bigger 6m EME stations using Q65-120A.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 30/03/2021 21:23, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
[...]

Dale Drake

I worked Lance on 6M EME back in 2011 using JT65A.  I used my 4 element SteppIR (with 2 extra 6M directors) at 50ft and 1KW.  It was very exciting.  My one and only EME contact (so far).  GL Dave.

Dale, AA1QD