From: dxlab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxlab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of af5k@cinci.rr.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:13 AM
To: dxlab@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dxlab] FTDX300

Having trouble getting commander to connect to the FTDx3000. Anyone want to share the config setup details or any ideas on hoe to set up.

There are step-by-step instructions in
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlYaesu>;

with particular attention to step 5.c
If those don't get you going, let me know and we'll take the next step.

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

I've been trying to add my FTDX 3000 to Dxlab Commander, but in step 4, none of the newer Yaesu radios shows up in the Model selection list, ie - FTDX-3000, FTDX-5000, etc, are NOT in the list.

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

I've been trying to add my FTDX 3000 to Dxlab Commander, but in step 4, none of the newer Yaesu radios shows up in the Model selection list, ie - FTDX-3000, FTDX-5000, etc, are NOT in the list.

+ Direct the DXLab Launcher to upgrade Commander to the current version (14.7.3)

+ Then take a look at

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlYaesu>;

+ and

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/YaesuSCU-17>;

+ The FTDX-3000 includes the equivalent of an SCU-17.

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

It appears that I cannot post a picture here?
DXLab Launcher is only offering me version 14.7.1

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

It appears that I cannot post a picture here?

+ Correct.

DXLab Launcher is only offering me version 14.7.1

+ My mistake: 14.7.1 is the currently available version. What version have you been running (it's shown in the Main window's title bar)?

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

I am puzzled. Do I need to reconfigure something to get it to offer newer releases? Enable some kind of Beta access?

14.7.1 is listed as the most recent version on this web page

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#AvailableReleases

Available DXLab Releases

DXLab applications can be manually downloaded via hyperlinks in the table below, or via any of several worldwide distribution sites; if you do this (instead of directing the Launcher to install and upgrade a DXLab application you seek),

  1. first download and install the application's Most Recent Full Release

  2. then download and install the application's Most Recent Incremental Release

Application Most Recent Full Release  Most Recent Incremental  Release  Auxiliary Files Release Notes Versions Defect Logs Enhancement Logs
Commander 5.8.7

14.7.1

   Commander history log log
DXKeeper 7.1.9

15.8.9

Scripts
Primary Subdivision Database
Secondary Subdivision Database
DXCC Compare
DXKeeper history log log
DXLab Launcher 1.9.7

2.1.4

  DXLab Launcher history log log
DXView 2.6.8

4.7.5

DXCC Database  installation instructions

USAP Database

IOTA Database

LotW Database

eQSL.cc AG database

Country Maps

Standard World Maps (96 DPI)
Enlarged World Maps (120 DPI)
Enlarged World Maps (192 DPI)

DXView history log log
Pathfinder 4.3.9

5.2.6

Search Library Pathfinder history log log
PropView 1.3.0

1.9.9

BeaconLocation.txt

BeaconSchedule.txt

PropView history log log
SpotCollector 3.4.2

8.7.5

Audio Announcements by Joe DX

Audio Announcement Update 2017-07-14 by Joe DX

Audio US State Announcements by Joe DX

Audio Introductions by Joe DX

Audio Phonetics by Joe DX

Audio Announcements in CW

Special Callsign membership lists

Sub-band Definition file as of 2020-04-11

SpotCollector history log log
WinWarbler   6.9.5 9.3.1 WinWarbler DXCC List

AA6YQ-FIR-512 Profile

WinWarbler history log log

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

Dave:

I'm trying to set it up on a new(er) PC. I was running and trying to configure DXLab commander 14.7.1.

I found the Radios.txt file in C:\DXLab\Commander. I do not see '3000' nor '5000' in it. Guess I'll try removing Commander, wiping that directory, and re-installing it.

Chris

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

I ended up moving the Radios.txt file up a level, and re-installed DXLab Commander 14.7.1. It created a new Radios.txt file, which DOES include the Yaesu FTDX-3000!

I copied and pasted the contents of the OLD Radios.txt file:

'radios.txt: CI-V Explorer radio definition file

'one line per radio
'each line contains tag=value pairs separated by commas
'first tag must be RADIO
'case is ignored

'defaults:
'    Split:         True
'    DualWatch:         False
'    FilterGroups:      True
'    VFOSel:        True
'    VFOEqual:        True
'    VFOExchange:    True
'    MainSubSel:    False
'    MainSubEqual:    False
'    MainSubExchange:    False
'    RTTY:        True
'    WBFM:        False
'    CW-R        False
'    RTTY-R        False
'    PKT                False
'    FilterByte:    True
'    ShortFreq:        False  4-byte frequencies used by 731/735
'    Filter0:        False
'    PTT        False
'    Smeter             False
'    SerialPort         True

radio=IIC-271, Address=20, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-275, Address=10, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F
radio=IIC-375, Address=12, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-471, Address=22, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-475, Address=14, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-575, Address=16, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-703, Address=68, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, Smeter=T, PTT=T
radio=IIC-706, Address=48, WBFM=T
radio=IIC-706MKII, Address=4E, WBFM=T
radio=IIC-706MKIIG, Address=58, WBFM=T, Smeter=T, CW-R=T
radio=IIC-707, Address=3E
radio=IIC-718, Address=5E, Filter0=F, FilterGroups=T, VFOExchange=F, FilterByte=T, Split=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-725, Address=28, FilterGroups=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-726, Address=30, FilterGroups=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-728, Address=38, FilterGroups=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-729, Address=3A, FilterGroups=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-731, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F, FilterByte=F, ShortFreq=T
radio=IIC-735, Address=04, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F, FilterByte=F, ShortFreq=T
radio=IIC-736, Address=40
radio=IIC-737, Address=3C, FilterGroups=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F
radio=IIC-738, Address=44
radio=IIC-746, Address=56, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, PTT=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-746Pro, Address=66, Filter0=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, PTT=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-751, Address=1C, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-756, Address=50, DualWatch=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T
radio=IIC-756Pro, Address=5C, DualWatch=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T, Filter0=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-756ProII, Address=64, DualWatch=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T, Filter0=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-756ProIII, Address=6E, DualWatch=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T, Filter0=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-761, Address=1E,Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-765, Address=2C, FilterGroups=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-775, Address=46, DualWatch=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=F, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T
radio=IIC-781, Address=26, DualWatch=T
radio=IIC-7000, Address=70, Filter0=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, PTT=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-7800, Address=6A, DualWatch=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T, Filter0=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-820, Address=42
radio=IIC-821, Address=4C
radio=IIC-910H, Address=60, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, MainSubEqual=T, MainSubExchange=T, RTTY=F, Smeter=T
radio=IIC-970, Address=2E,DualWatch=T
radio=IIC-1271, Address=24, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IIC-1275, Address=18, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F
radio=IR10, Address=52, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR71, Address=1A, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR72, Address=32, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR75, Address=5A, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR7000, Address=08, Split=F, FilterGroups=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR7100, Address=34, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR8500, Address=4A, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=IR9000, Address=2A, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, RTTY=F,WBFM=T
radio=TOmniV.9, Address=1E, FilterGroups=F
radio=TOmniVI, Address=04, FilterByte=F
radio=NPegasus, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, Split=F, RTTY=F,SerialPort=F
radio=NOrion, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, Split=T, DualWatch=T, RTTY=T, CW-R=T, Smeter=T
radio=NJupiter, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, Split=F, RTTY=F, Smeter=T
radio=NArgonaut V, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, Split=T, RTTY=F, Smeter=T
radio=YFTDX9000,  FilterGroups=F, PTT=T
radio=YFT1000D,   FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, RTTY-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T, DualWatch=T
radio=YMP1000mkV, FilterGroups=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T, DualWatch=T
radio=YMP1000,    FilterGroups=T, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T, DualWatch=T
radio=YFT990,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=F, PTT=T, CW-R=F, RTTY-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT920,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, RTTY-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT900,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, RTTY=F, Smeter=T
radio=YFT897,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT890,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=F, PTT=T, RTTY=F, CW-R=F, RTTY-R=F, Smeter=T
radio=YFT857,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT847,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, PTT=T, Split=F, VFOEqual=F, CW-R=T, PKT=T, RTTY=F
radio=YFT840,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=F, PTT=T, RTTY=F, CW-R=F, RTTY-R=F, Smeter=T
radio=YFT817,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, CW-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT767,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=F, Split=T
radio=YFT757,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=F, RTTY=F, Split=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT757GX,   FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=F, RTTY=F, Split=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT757GXII, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=F, RTTY=F, Split=T, Smeter=T
radio=YFT747,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=T, RTTY=F, Split=T
radio=YFT736R,    FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, PTT=T, CW-R=T, WBFM=T, RTTY=F, Split=F, Smeter=T
radio=YFT100,     FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, PTT=T, RTTY=T, CW-R=T, PKT=T, Smeter=T
radio=EK2,        FilterGroups=F, PTT=T, Smeter=T
radio=KKenwood,   FilterGroups=F, PTT=T
radio=FSDR-1000,  CW-R=T, RTTY=T,  PKT=T, PTT=T, Smeter=T,SerialPort=F
radio=ADX-77T,    FilterGroups=T, VFOSel=T, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, PTT=F, RTTY=F, CW-R=T, Smeter=T
radio=CKachina, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=T, VFOExchange=T, Split=F, RTTY=F,SerialPort=F

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

Dave:

I have no idea how I ended up with an OLD Radios.txt file. The new file is working great. My FTDX3000 is now talking to DXLab Commander just fine.

Thank you,

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

I am puzzled. Do I need to reconfigure something to get it to offer newer releases? Enable some kind of Beta access?

+ No, 14.7.1 is the most recent public release.

+ There is a version 14.7.3 that contains two new defect repairs; I have not yet publicly released it. It's installed on my system, and appears in the Launcher's "Installed" column -- which is how I managed to misread it in my first response to you.

I ended up moving the Radios.txt file up a level, and re-installed DXLab Commander 14.7.1. It created a new Radios.txt file, which DOES include the Yaesu FTDX-3000!

+ When you first installed Commander, did you use the DXLab Launcher to do it?

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

Dave:

Yes, I think I used DXLab Launcher. However, I was working on this somewhere late at night, between 2 AM and 4 AM. Who knows what stupid thing I did?

I think I will remove the whole ball of wax, start over, and attempt to re-import my setup. Maybe I copied my old setup over my new setup? If I did that, it would

be another argument for starting fresh.

Thank you,

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

Yes, I think I used DXLab Launcher. However, I was working on this somewhere late at night, between 2 AM and 4 AM. Who knows what stupid thing I did?

I think I will remove the whole ball of wax, start over, and attempt to re-import my setup. Maybe I copied my old setup over my new setup? If I did that, it would

be another argument for starting fresh.

+ Uninstalling and re-installing applications in Windows comes with a risk of confusing Windows, the result of which is the need to wipe your C: drive and re-install everything. If Commander and DXKeeper are working correctly, my advice is to not re-install them . The only problem you've encountered is that Commander's Radios.txt file was located in the wrong folder -- something that could occurred via an inadvertent drag-and-drop in Windows Explorer (been there, done that more than once!).

Robert T

Chris,
I have a Yaesu FTDX-3000.
It is listed in the general tab in the Radio Model drop down in Commanders Config.

Bob, K2RET
1