Topics

FT-991A / WSJT-X / COMMANDER SUITES / FT8

KN4SMO <dtb2greenville@...>

Hello ALL,

I have these programs set up and it appears functioning. The issue I have is the Commander is not controlling the radio. When I enable transmit in WSJT, Commander switches back and forth between TX and RX. Nothing happens on the radio until I enable 2nd com port (5) and enable RTS, then the radio will go into transmit but will not return to receive.

May be settings in the radio, does anyone have a settings list for this radio.

I have seen win4yaesu is the necessary for my radio?

Thanks Scott

I have these programs set up and it appears functioning. The issue I have is the Commander is not controlling the radio. When I enable transmit in WSJT, Commander switches back and forth between TX and RX. Nothing happens on the radio until I enable 2nd com port (5) and enable RTS, then the radio will go into transmit but will not return to receive.

May be settings in the radio, does anyone have a settings list for this radio.

+ Step-by-step configuration instructions are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlYaesu>

I have seen win4yaesu is the necessary for my radio?

+ No: Commander can directly control your FT-991.

KN4SMO <dtb2greenville@...>

Yes Sir I have used this link several times to attempt to get Commander working and it works ! It just not commander my radio. I have seen the link that directs the proper radio settings, still no love.  I and going to update to the new commander and see what happens.

Thanks Scott

g4wjs

On 06/01/2020 12:59, KN4SMO via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes Sir I have used this link several times to attempt to get Commander working and it works ! It just not commander my radio. I have seen the link that directs the proper radio settings, still no love.  I and going to update to the new commander and see what happens.

Thanks Scott
Hi Scott,

your first step should be to get Commander to successfully track your rig's frequency and mode *and* to go in and out Tx mode when you press the "Tx" and "Rx" buttons on the Commander main window respectively.

Once you have that, all you should need is to set WSJT-X "Settings->Radio->Rig" to "DX Lab Suite Commander" and "Settings->Radio->PTT Method" to "CAT".

Bill

G4WJS.

Yes Sir I have used this link several times to attempt to get Commander working and it works ! It just not commander my radio. I have seen the link that directs the proper radio settings, still no love. I and going to update to the new commander and see what happens.\

+ There have been no recent changes in Commander's support for the FT-991; if you can set's Commander's "Radio Model" to FT-991, it should track and control the radio.

+ If you have followed the configuration instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlYaesu>

+ including the FT-991 menu settings documented in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConnectingYaesu>

+ but a properly-configured Commander cant' track and control the radio, then either the USB port or its driver aren't working, the USB cable between the radio and your computer isn't working, or the radio's CAT interface isn't working.

KN4SMO <dtb2greenville@...>

Hello Sir,

For some reason my ports and there baud rates reverted back to a stock setting. Once I got that set correctly I was off and running. I was able to get DX Keeper set correctly the first time.

I hope this helps someone in the future.
Right now FT8 is running and I am sitting back smiling.

Thanks and 73

+ AA6YQ comments below