Topics

FT8 Spot Showing As JT65

Mike Flowers

Hi Gang,

I’ve finally reassembled my station after a major shack remodel.  My wife is thrilled … ;>)

I’ve made a few FT8 contacts, and I’ve noticed that when I spot them via DXKeeper, they appear in Spot Collector as JT65 spots.

I’ve checked the DXK Databases folder and find that I’m using the DefaultModes.txt file, and that FT8 is there.  I have no Modes.txt file.

So, I conclude I have some user parameter incorrectly set.

What might I look next?

Thanks!

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC

Mike Flowers

Interesting …

If I spot the station with the DXK drop-down of ‘ … on 14076.1 in FT8’, the spot shows up as FT8.

But if I spot the station with the DXK drop-down of ‘ … on 14076.1 in FT8 with notes’, the spot shows up as JT65.

Now I’m really curious!

[...]

+ When an incoming spot doesn't specify a mode in its "spot notes", SpotCollector looks up the frequency in your sub-band definition
file to see in what sub-band the spot lies, and what you've designated as the predominant mode in that sub-band.

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationGeneral.htm#Sub-band%20Definition%20panel>

+ Your SpotCollector folder includes a sub-band definition file named

BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

+ that represents my attempt to capture current sub-band usage. You can configure SpotCollector to use it "as is", modify it as you
wish, or build your own sub-band definition file from scratch.