Topics

FST4 uploads

K9FD

I may have been asleep if this has come up reently,

I have made some FST4 QSOs and just tried to upload them,
This is the message I received:

Invalid MODE (FST4) on line 5
CALL: JA0HXV
TIME_ON: 110424
QSO_DATE: 20201004
MODE: FST4
BAND: 630M
FREQ: .4742
BAND_RX: 630M
FREQ_RX: .4742

Signing aborted
No records to upload
Final Status: No QSOs written(8)

I assume this new mode is not yet coded into LOTW at ARRL?   What mode are folks using to
upload these contacts?

Thanks 73 Merv K9FD

iain macdonnell - N6ML

See http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SupportNewMode

Item 4 pertains to LotW.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 4:39 PM K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com> wrote:

I may have been asleep if this has come up reently,

I have made some FST4 QSOs and just tried to upload them,
This is the message I received:

Invalid MODE (FST4) on line 5
CALL: JA0HXV
TIME_ON: 110424
QSO_DATE: 20201004
MODE: FST4
BAND: 630M
FREQ: .4742
BAND_RX: 630M
FREQ_RX: .4742

Signing aborted
No records to upload
Final Status: No QSOs written(8)

I assume this new mode is not yet coded into LOTW at ARRL? What mode
are folks using to
upload these contacts?

Thanks 73 Merv K9FD

neil_zampella

I'm surprised that the ARRL has not released an updated Configuration
for TQSL.   I would think that adding FST4 to the main system would
involve updating a data table.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 10/4/2020 6:39 PM, K9FD wrote:
I may have been asleep if this has come up reently,

I have made some FST4 QSOs and just tried to upload them,
This is the message I received:

Invalid MODE (FST4) on line 5
CALL: JA0HXV
TIME_ON: 110424
QSO_DATE: 20201004
MODE: FST4
BAND: 630M
FREQ: .4742
BAND_RX: 630M
FREQ_RX: .4742

Signing aborted
No records to upload
Final Status: No QSOs written(8)

I assume this new mode is not yet coded into LOTW at ARRL?   What mode
are folks using to
upload these contacts?

Thanks 73 Merv K9FD

iain macdonnell - N6ML

(AFAIK) As when we went through this recently for FT4, and FT8 before
that; before a mode can be added to LoTW, it must be added to the ADIF
specification, and that takes some time (review process, etc.)

73.

~iain / N6ML

On 10/4/2020 6:39 PM, K9FD wrote:
I may have been asleep if this has come up reently,

I have made some FST4 QSOs and just tried to upload them,
This is the message I received:

Invalid MODE (FST4) on line 5
CALL: JA0HXV
TIME_ON: 110424
QSO_DATE: 20201004
MODE: FST4
BAND: 630M
FREQ: .4742
BAND_RX: 630M
FREQ_RX: .4742

Signing aborted
No records to upload
Final Status: No QSOs written(8)

I assume this new mode is not yet coded into LOTW at ARRL? What mode
are folks using to
upload these contacts?

Thanks 73 Merv K9FD

neil_zampella

Its already been added to the ADIF back in August.  Joe Taylor had
already petitioned the ADIF committee on this.   You'll find that most
(if not all) local logging programs have already been updated for the
new modes.

I suspect that DXKeeper was updated within the week the ADIF spec was
released.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 10/4/2020 6:39 PM, K9FD wrote:
I may have been asleep if this has come up reently,

I have made some FST4 QSOs and just tried to upload them,
This is the message I received:

Invalid MODE (FST4) on line 5
CALL: JA0HXV
TIME_ON: 110424
QSO_DATE: 20201004
MODE: FST4
BAND: 630M
FREQ: .4742
BAND_RX: 630M
FREQ_RX: .4742

Signing aborted
No records to upload
Final Status: No QSOs written(8)

I assume this new mode is not yet coded into LOTW at ARRL? What mode
are folks using to
upload these contacts?

Thanks 73 Merv K9FD

K9FD

Thanks ,  mapped FST4 to Data for now and uploads fine.   will change those QSOs later
when ARRL has FST4 on the list.
made a couple QSOs using FST4 last nite from KH6 to Japan for first time ever 630M
contacts on that band.
73 Merv K9FD  Molokai Island Hawaii