force Windows focus

Andy - K0AF

Is there a way to program a keyboard sequence to force Windows 10 focus to a specific window when several applications are open? I'd like to be able to force focus to WinWarbler from the keyboard instead of grabbing the mouse, wiggling it to find the cursor, moving the cursor to the WinWarbler window (which may or may not be visible) and left clicking in the WinWarber window. Is there a way to force focus to a specific application within DXLabs or perhaps within Windows 10? If not, then maybe a 3rd party application?

Thanks!

Andy - K0AF

Jeremy - N8JJA

There is a key sequence already in windows 10...if you hit Alt+Shift+Tab you can cycle through any windows that may be open on the desktop without using the mouse.

Jeremy
N8JJA

Richard Dodd

Alt + tab

K4krw

On Tue, May 11, 2021, 5:15 PM Andy - K0AF <folkjunk0@...> wrote:
Is there a way to program a keyboard sequence to force Windows 10 focus to a specific window when several applications are open? I'd like to be able to force focus to WinWarbler from the keyboard instead of grabbing the mouse, wiggling it to find the cursor, moving the cursor to the WinWarbler window (which may or may not be visible) and left clicking in the WinWarber window. Is there a way to force focus to a specific application within DXLabs or perhaps within Windows 10? If not, then maybe a 3rd party application?

Thanks!

Andy - K0AF

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:15 PM Andy - K0AF <folkjunk0@gmail.com> wrote:

https://www.autohotkey.com/ can do that, and much much more ;)

~iain / N6ML

Gilbert Baron W0MN

That just cycles through and is not a way to go to a specific window.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeremy - N8JJA
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 16:17
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] force Windows focus

There is a key sequence already in windows 10...if you hit Alt+Shift+Tab you can cycle through any windows that may be open on the desktop without using the mouse.

Jeremy
N8JJA

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
+ Pin WinWarbler to the Windows Task Bar. When you want WinWarbler, place your mouse over the WinWarbler icon in the Windows task bar; when an image of WInWarbler's Main window appears above the icon, click on it.

Dave, AA6YQ

Andy - K0AF

Thank you all for the suggestions. "Alt-Tab" takes an indeterminant number of key strokes to get to the WinWarbler window. Using the mouse is not an option because I need to switch focus to WinWarbler while I'm sending CW. I'm not coordinated enough to use an iambic paddle with one hand and navigate a mouse with the other at the same time. It looks like AutoHotKey is the solution I'm looking for. One more software tool to learn and write scripts for!

Thanks Iain (and Al via private email).

Andy - K0AF

Greg

Hi Andy

I have attached a autohotkey script that should do what you want, it did on my system!  Once you have downloaded and installed Autohotkeys run the script and hold the "Windows" key and the "z' key and winwarbler should jump into focus. You can change the key combination by changing the line that is #z::  the # indicates the windows key and the z is obvious.

Cheers

Greg VK3VT

On 12/05/2021 12:59, Andy - K0AF wrote:
Thank you all for the suggestions. "Alt-Tab" takes an indeterminant number of key strokes to get to the WinWarbler window. Using the mouse is not an option because I need to switch focus to WinWarbler while I'm sending CW. I'm not coordinated enough to use an iambic paddle with one hand and navigate a mouse with the other at the same time. It looks like AutoHotKey is the solution I'm looking for. One more software tool to learn and write scripts for!

Andy - K0AF

Greg

oops

Meant to go to Andy direct!

Greg

On 12/05/2021 14:33, Greg wrote:

Hi Andy

I have attached a autohotkey script that should do what you want, it did on my system!  Once you have downloaded and installed Autohotkeys run the script and hold the "Windows" key and the "z' key and winwarbler should jump into focus. You can change the key combination by changing the line that is #z::  the # indicates the windows key and the z is obvious.

Cheers

Greg VK3VT

On 12/05/2021 12:59, Andy - K0AF wrote:

Andy - K0AF

Andy - K0AF

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 11:33 PM, Greg wrote:

Hi Andy

Cheers

Greg VK3VT

Hello Greg, thank you very much for the AutoHotKey script. It works as advertised and is exactly what I was looking for. I see AutoHotKey has a very long list of features and capabilities I need to explore. Your script was a big help getting me started.

Thanks!

Andy - K0AF