Topics

Flip from Y to V ... ?

Peter Laws / N5UWY

I did look in the Wiki and searched my old mail because I feel like
this was just discussed.

Qualified for my 150 sticker in VUCC (50 MHz). Applied for it, ARRL
took my money, and also updated all the 6 m QSOs I submitted to
"green" checks. The sticker will get here when it gets here. :-)

How do I tell DXKeeper to go to LOTW, find the status of those QSOs,
and update them to Vs as appropriate? I never did this when I got
the initial award or when I got the 125 sticker, so none are marked
'V'.

I'm sure it starts with "filter the log page to show only 6-m QSOs"
... and I have a button for that!

Joe Subich, W4TV

Did you use DXKeeper to generate the submission or did you blindly
accept LotW's suggestions?

On 2020-05-31 12:24 PM, Peter Laws / N5UWY wrote:
[...]

+ If you used DXKeeper's VUCC Submission Generator to identify the QSO submitted for VUCC Credit, then clicking the "Verify Submission" button will update all of those QSOs to reflect their having been granted VUCC award credit:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Generating%20and%20Processing%20a%20VUCC%20Submission>

+ Otherwise,

1. filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

(Band='6m') and (APP_DXKEEPER_LOTWConfirmation Like '*G*')

2. in the Main window's QSL tab,

2a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

2b. click the "Update from LoTW" button

+ Notes

a. depending upon the number of QSOs in the Log Page Display after step 1, step 2.b could take awhile

b. this procedure will only update QSOs confirmed via LoTW; any QSOs confirmed via QSL card will not be updated to reflect VUCC award credit

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 4:55 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ If you used DXKeeper's VUCC Submission Generator to identify the QSO submitted for VUCC Credit, then clicking the "Verify Submission" button will update all of those QSOs to reflect their having been granted VUCC award credit:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Generating%20and%20Processing%20a%20VUCC%20Submission>

I did not. All LOTW, none of that paper stuff.

+ Otherwise,

1. filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

(Band='6m') and (APP_DXKEEPER_LOTWConfirmation Like '*G*')

2. in the Main window's QSL tab,

2a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

2b. click the "Update from LoTW" button

+ Notes

a. depending upon the number of QSOs in the Log Page Display after step 1, step 2.b could take awhile

b. this procedure will only update QSOs confirmed via LoTW; any QSOs confirmed via QSL card will not be updated to reflect VUCC award credit

73,
Taking awhile, as advertised. Almost all the "overwrites" are
gridsquares off by one character in the 6th position. For example,
about to accept an overwrite of EM37ec with EN37ed - too many for this
to be a coincidence. If there is a 6-char Maidenhead there, it's
because it was pulled from QRZ via Pathfinder OR put there by DXKeeper
which insists that a station in, say, EM15 must really be in EM15mm
(used to be EM15aa). I don't know why it insists on that level of
precision, but I've only overwritten a couple of those and there are
dozens of "off-by-ones" (out of 331 QSOs). VERY strange.

Also, lots of ops move and re-upload ALL their QSOs with their new
location because ... well, I don't know why.

* more AA6YQ comments below

+ If you used DXKeeper's VUCC Submission Generator to identify the QSO submitted for VUCC Credit, then clicking the "Verify Submission" button will update all of those QSOs to reflect their having been granted VUCC award credit:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Generating%20an
d%20Processing%20a%20VUCC%20Submission>

I did not. All LOTW, none of that paper stuff.

* You evidently misunderstand, Peter: DXKeeper's VUCC Submission Generator can produce a submission based on LoTW confirmations.

+ Otherwise,

1. filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

(Band='6m') and (APP_DXKEEPER_LOTWConfirmation Like '*G*')

2. in the Main window's QSL tab,

2a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

2b. click the "Update from LoTW" button

+ Notes

a. depending upon the number of QSOs in the Log Page Display after
step 1, step 2.b could take awhile

b. this procedure will only update QSOs confirmed via LoTW; any QSOs
confirmed via QSL card will not be updated to reflect VUCC award
credit

73,
Taking awhile, as advertised. Almost all the "overwrites" are gridsquares off by one character in the 6th position.

* I should have reminded you to appropriately set the "Handling of LoTW QSL detail inconsistencies" panel on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab before initiating the "Update from LoTW" function.

For example, about to accept an overwrite of EM37ec with EN37ed - too many for this to be a coincidence. If there is a 6-char Maidenhead there, it's because it was pulled from QRZ via Pathfinder OR put there by DXKeeper which insists that a station in, say, EM15 must really be in EM15mm (used to be EM15aa).

* That's false. You can log a QSO with a grid square of EM15. Try it.

My mistake, Peter. The "Otherwise" procedure specified below will not update your logged QSOs to reflect the granting of VUCC award credit because LoTW has no ability to report VUCC award credit; it only has the ability to report DXCC award credit.

For VUCC and WAS awards, either use DXKeeper's submission generator, or plan to individually update each submitted QSO to reflect award credit granted.

If the ARRL ever provides the ability to determine whether a QSO has been granted VUCC or WAS award progress, I will update DXKeeper to exploit that ability.