Topics

Flex 6000 Span Slider

John Huffman

On the Flex 6000 Series SmartSDR or Maestro there are two icons, a "+" and "-", to vary the frequency span of the display.

Has anyone created or found a Commander sequence or slider to do this?

John K1ESE

On the Flex 6000 Series SmartSDR or Maestro there are two icons, a "+" and "-", to vary the frequency span of the display.

Has anyone created or found a Commander sequence or slider to do this?

+ The Flex SmartSDR API is documented here:

<http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=SmartSDR_TCP/IP_API>

+ I looked through the commands and didn't see one that provides control over the frequency span, but may have missed it. Flex Support can provide a definitive answer.

Thanks, Eric!

John K1ESE, the <stream ID> parameter specified in Eric's response below is a value that only Commander can provide. In order for a user-defined command sequence to issue reference a <stream ID>, I must extend Commander to replace something like

<FlexPanStream X>

with the stream ID for slice X.

Then you'll be able to incorporate a command like

~display pan set <FlexPanStream 0> bandwidth=1

in a user-defined command sequence.

Eric (FlexRadio) responded:

Yes. You can adjust the bandwidth on a Panadapter with this command:

display pan set <stream ID> bandwidth=<new_bandwidth_in_MHz>

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 2:01 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

Thanks, Eric. Are there API commands that do that?

Eric (FlexRadio) responded:

When you press the '-' or '+' buttons on the SmartSDR Panadapter, we simply double ('-') or half ('+') the Panadapter Bandwidth. This effectively zooms in/out.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 12:21 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

On the Flex 6000 Series SmartSDR or Maestro there are two icons, a "+" and "-", to vary the frequency span of the display.

Has anyone created or found a Commander sequence or slider to do this?

+ The Flex SmartSDR API is documented here:

<http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=SmartSDR_TCP/IP_API>

+ I looked through the commands and didn't see one that provides control over the frequency span, but may have missed it. Flex Support can provide a definitive answer.

John Huffman

Dave -

Got it.  Yes, if Commander could provide the stream ID that would be great.

I use a Maestro most of the time.  I can set the span by poking at the "+" on the upper right of the screen, but imprecise poking leads to unwanted QSYing.  Or I can pinch and spread two fingers touching the screen, an awkward movement.  A Commander slider would make life easier.

Thanks,
John K1ESE