Topics

Fldigi-DXLabs Gateway and DIGU Mode Issue

Russ Ravella

HI Dave,
I am running a Flex 6700 with SDR 3.1.12 on a Win10 2004 computer. I have Fldigi running with DXL using Fldigi-DXLabs Gateway (FDG).  DXL, Fldigi and FDG are current and I have followed the instructions on the FDG website to connect DXL apps to FDG.  Everything works as expected except for one thing.  I have FDG set to relate "PSK/etal" modes to DIGIU.  When I switch to such a mode in Fldigi, Fldigi itself switches to DIGU as expected and although Commander does respond to the command, it selects USB for the radio instead of DIGU.  I can switch the radio to DIGU from commander manually and I can switch to CW or RTTY from Fldigi and both Fldigi and Commander choose the appropriate modes.  Only "PSK/etal" modes to DIGU doesn't respond as expected.  I've searched every setting I can find and the forum to no avail.  Could you please help ?
Thanks!
Russ KR6W

I am running a Flex 6700 with SDR 3.1.12 on a Win10 2004 computer. I have Fldigi running with DXL using Fldigi-DXLabs Gateway (FDG). DXL, Fldigi and FDG are current and I have followed the instructions on the FDG website to connect DXL apps to FDG. Everything works as expected except for one thing. I have FDG set to relate "PSK/etal" modes to DIGIU. When I switch to such a mode in Fldigi, Fldigi itself switches to DIGU as expected and although Commander does respond to the command, it selects USB for the radio instead of DIGU. I can switch the radio to DIGU from commander manually and I can switch to CW or RTTY from Fldigi and both Fldigi and Commander choose the appropriate modes. Only "PSK/etal" modes to DIGU doesn't respond as expected. I've searched every setting I can find and the forum to no avail. Could you please help ?

+ Russ, Rick N2AMG is the author of the Fldigi-DXLab Gateway. Rick, please give Russ a hand with the issue he reports above; if you need my help, don't hesitate to ask.

Rick Ellison

Hi Russ..

I’m Rick N2AMG the author of the Fldigi Gateway..

Since I do not have a Flex I’m not sure about it working with Commander.. So if you set the Flex to DIGU. What mode does Commander switch to??

Also if you would turn Debug on in the gateway  and in Fldigi Switch thru the modes from CW to RTTY to PSK and Back to RTTY. I want the debug to show me what it is seeing along the way while those commands take place..

If it turns out to be a bug  There is not much I will be able to do I lost the ability to use the controls that I used when developing the original gateway. They will not load in my development computers. I have started re-writing the gateway from scratch and am about 60% done with it but have not had time I work on it’s development as I have been to busy with my business and the amount of work I have going  on.

When you complete switching between modes you can turn debug off and you will find a file called FlDxlDebugLog.txt send that to me as an attachment..

73 Rick N2AMG