Topics

FJ callsign prefix Sst Barts not found

Jim

Recently I got a whole whack of callsigns that changed country code or something. I have fixed most of them but FJ/VA3RA is being a pain.  Since something obviously changed somewhere recently and I cant use FJ  I checked the DXCC list and it says FJ is really listed under TO. So I tried TO and it doesnt exist either... ok plugging in St Barts and St. Barthelemy in the entity name and it isnt in there either... so what the heck happened to FJ/TO ??  Did we lose St Barts to a big hole in the ocean or something..  I even tried looking on ARRL and they still list St Barts as TO..

Confused

Jim K3YBN

Joe Subich, W4TV

Since something obviously changed somewhere recently and I cant use FJ
Have you modified your copy of the DXCC database (DXView)?

ST. Barts (FJ) has been included since version 2.2.2 (current
version 2.6.1).

I checked the DXCC list and it says FJ is really listed under TO.
That is incorrect. The ARRL Countries List (text form)
<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2020%20Current_Deleted.txt>
shows: FJ,TO(49)* Saint Barthelemy NA 11 08 516

Footnote 49 says: "49 (FJ,TO) Only contacts made December 14, 2007,
and after, count for this entity."

TO is an ambiguous prefix that can be used for *any* French Department.
You will find TO listed in FG, FH, FJ, FM, FO, FR, FT/G, FT/J, FT/T,
or FS.

I suggest closing DXKeeper and SpotCollector, Updating (or reloading)
DXCC Database 2.6.1 in DXView, restarting DXKeeper and performing a
"Recompute" function on the log.

On 2020-07-11 8:21 AM, Jim wrote:
Recently I got a whole whack of callsigns that changed country code or something. I have fixed most of them but FJ/VA3RA is being a pain.  Since something obviously changed somewhere recently and I cant use FJ  I checked the DXCC list and it says FJ is really listed under TO. So I tried TO and it doesnt exist either... ok plugging in St Barts and St. Barthelemy in the entity name and it isnt in there either... so what the heck happened to FJ/TO ??  Did we lose St Barts to a big hole in the ocean or something..  I even tried looking on ARRL and they still list St Barts as TO..
Confused
Jim K3YBN

Recently I got a whole whack of callsigns that changed country code or something.

+ Please explain what happened, step-by-step.

I have fixed most of them but FJ/VA3RA is being a pain. Since something obviously changed somewhere recently and I cant use FJ I checked the DXCC list and it says FJ is really listed under TO. So I tried TO and it doesnt exist either... ok plugging in St Barts and St. Barthelemy in the entity name and it isnt in there either... so what the heck happened to FJ/TO ?? Did we lose St Barts to a big hole in the ocean or something.. I even tried looking on ARRL and they still list St Barts as TO..

Please type FJ4DX into the callsign box on DXView's Main window, and then strike the Enter key. What DXCC entity does DXView's Main window display?

Jim

Thanks for the response Joe, Dave... apparently I didnt get an update nor did I see any messages about it but then I have been busy on 6m for the last month and a half and probably missed DXCC database version 2.2.2
Also been building my new station interface so somewhere in between all of this I guess I didnt see when it came out... WHo Knew? oh wait you guys knew... in any event let me update the database and see if that fixes the stuff if it does than I will just go back to what I was doing if not then I will make another post in here.. Thanks guys

Jim K3YBN

and what happened is that I was asleep at the switch!

Thanks for the response Joe, Dave... apparently I didnt get an update nor did I see any messages about it but then I have been busy on 6m for the last month and a half and probably missed DXCC database version 2.2.2 Also been building my new station interface so somewhere in between all of this I guess I didnt see when it came out... WHo Knew? oh wait you guys knew... in any event let me update the database and see if that fixes the stuff if it does than I will just go back to what I was doing if not then I will make another post in here.. Thanks guys

+ The current DXCC Database version is 2.6.1; it was publicly released in October of 2019.

+ Back in October 2000, I spent much of the plane trip from Boston to St. Barts extracting the code for DXKeeper from the primordial monolithic DXLab (aka Pangea) so that I could test it during my very first holiday DXpedition (FJ/AA6YQ) before unleashing it on users. I assure you that the DXCC Database included an entry for FJ back then, and has in every subsequent version released since then.

+ If the Databases tab on DXView's Configuration doesn't show that you have DXCC Database version 2.6.1 installed, then I suggest that you follow these instructions:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/InstallDXCCDatabase>