Filtering log by MONTH

dwfred@bellsouth.net

I am looking to filter my log to see QSOs made during contests.  Most of the QSOs have been imported to another logger prior to  DXLab, and don't have any comment flagging them as contest QSOs.  I can filter by a date range, but then I would have to go back and filter for each of the last 25 years or so, to look at a particular contest (since the date filter is a complete day/month/year, begin and end).

Is there a way to filter my log to pull out all QSOs made in the last 2 weeks of October, or last 2 weeks of November for ALL years at once?  I don't think the dates are stored as strings, so looking for '11/' or '10/' doesn't work with an SQL query.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dean W8ZF

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I am looking to filter my log to see QSOs made during contests. Most of the QSOs have been imported to another logger prior to DXLab, and don't have any comment flagging them as contest QSOs. I can filter by a date range, but then I would have to go back and filter for each of the last 25 years or so, to look at a particular contest (since the date filter is a complete day/month/year, begin and end).

Is there a way to filter my log to pull out all QSOs made in the last 2 weeks of October, or last 2 weeks of November for ALL years at once? I don't think the dates are stored as strings, so looking for '11/' or '10/' doesn't work with an SQL query. Any ideas?

+ The QSO_Begin and QSO_End items are stored as dates, not strings.

+ The SQL expression

MONTH(QSO_BEGIN)=11

+ will find all QSOs made during any November.

+ Check out the SQL functions described here:

https://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/

+ Perhaps they provide a way to home in more tightly on the date ranges you seek.

Dave, AA6YQ

dwfred@bellsouth.net

Thanks, Dave!

dwfred@bellsouth.net

Dave,

How can I generate a filtered log page (on which I want to apply additional filters) which lists all QSOs which would work towards an unconfirmed mixed entity (or just for CW or Phone, for that matter).  I want to perform additional filtering to such a list, but don't know how to generate a filtered log that would select NOT for just the individual worked/confirmed for that QSO, but would list all QSOs that would count toward an validation for an award.  I know there are Progress and RAT reports, but most that I have seen produce a text format REPORT (without selecting the individual QSOs that would be eligible for confirmation towards validation).  I don't know how to get to that starting point of my filter for the log.

Say I have validated 320 countries.  I have worked 330 countries.  I would like to filter my log page to show ALL the QSOs that would count towards the needed remaining 10 entitites.

I hope I explained that sufficiently and that there's not a simple answer I should have found myself.  By the way, RTFM is always good, but this is a BIG manual.  Do you know if it is available in printed form?

Thanks,
Dean W8ZF

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

How can I generate a filtered log page (on which I want to apply additional filters) which lists all QSOs which would work towards an unconfirmed mixed entity (or just for CW or Phone, for that matter). I want to perform additional filtering to such a list, but don't know how to generate a filtered log that would select NOT for just the individual worked/confirmed for that QSO, but would list all QSOs that would count toward an validation for an award. I know there are Progress and RAT reports, but most that I have seen produce a text format REPORT (without selecting the individual QSOs that would be eligible for confirmation towards validation). I don't know how to get to that starting point of my filter for the log.

Say I have validated 320 countries. I have worked 330 countries. I would like to filter my log page to show ALL the QSOs that would count towards the needed remaining 10 entitites.

I hope I explained that sufficiently and that there's not a simple answer I should have found myself.

+ What you seek cannot be accomplished with a Log Page Display filter, which is why DXKeeper provides the "Add Needed" function on its Main window's QSL tab. I suggest that you start by reviewing the relevant Reference documentation in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm

+ You'll find step-by-step instruction for the primary usage scenarios in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSLing

+ The specific scenario you describe above is addressed in the "Requesting QSL cards or labels that will confirm QSOs whose confirmation will advance your award progress" section of "QSLing with Cards and Labels" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HardcopyQSLing

By the way, RTFM is always good, but this is a BIG manual. Do you know if it is available in printed form?

+ Mike K9UW maintains up-to-date Reference Manuals for each DXLab application in printable PDF format here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#Documentation

+ You can print them yourself, you can have a local service provider print them for you, or can order a hardcopy from an online service provider.

Dave, AA6YQ

w6de

Fred, you can get information about your DXCC and Zone status in a graphic from ClubLog. 

You will need to have a free ClubLog account and to submit your logbook to ClubLog and then use DXKeeper to submit new QSO periodically to ClubLog.

ClubLog’s: DXCC Charts, ZONE Charts and QSL Charts (on left side of main screen) will show you your Logbook’s Entity Worked, Entity QSL status from your logbook and you can click the information provided to identity the QSOs for that status. 

ClubLog also has a “Log Matching” function that will compare your log to all the other logs submitted to ClubLog and indicate what [band, Mode] progress you can make if you get a QSO from that displayed QSL.  And, for some operations that participate you can make an Online QSL Request Service—OQRS request via ClubLog.

I find ClubLog to be quite valuable in organizing my own DX Awards.

Dave, w6de

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of dwfred@... via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2021 19:53
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Filtering log by MONTH

Dave,

How can I generate a filtered log page (on which I want to apply additional filters) which lists all QSOs which would work towards an unconfirmed mixed entity (or just for CW or Phone, for that matter).  I want to perform additional filtering to such a list, but don't know how to generate a filtered log that would select NOT for just the individual worked/confirmed for that QSO, but would list all QSOs that would count toward an validation for an award.  I know there are Progress and RAT reports, but most that I have seen produce a text format REPORT (without selecting the individual QSOs that would be eligible for confirmation towards validation).  I don't know how to get to that starting point of my filter for the log.

Say I have validated 320 countries.  I have worked 330 countries.  I would like to filter my log page to show ALL the QSOs that would count towards the needed remaining 10 entitites.

I hope I explained that sufficiently and that there's not a simple answer I should have found myself.  By the way, RTFM is always good, but this is a BIG manual.  Do you know if it is available in printed form?

Thanks,
Dean W8ZF

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Fred, you can get information about your DXCC and Zone status in a graphic from ClubLog. 

You will need to have a free ClubLog account and to submit your logbook to ClubLog and then use DXKeeper to submit new QSO periodically to ClubLog.

ClubLog’s: DXCC Charts, ZONE Charts and QSL Charts (on left side of main screen) will show you your Logbook’s Entity Worked, Entity QSL status from your logbook and you can click the information provided to identity the QSOs for that status. 

ClubLog also has a “Log Matching” function that will compare your log to all the other logs submitted to ClubLog and indicate what [band, Mode] progress you can make if you get a QSO from that displayed QSL.  And, for some operations that participate you can make an Online QSL Request Service—OQRS request via ClubLog.

I find ClubLog to be quite valuable in organizing my own DX Awards.

+ Club Log is an excellent application with useful analytics and nice graphics, but

1. Club Log only has access to the QSOs you submit to it; DXKeeper always has access to every QSO in your log

2. Club Log does not provide the QSLing functionality that Fred is seeking. DXKeeper provides the user with the ability to specify award objectives (bands, modes) - and not just for DXCC). I can then automatically choose the smallest set of unconfirmed QSOs that would if confirmed produce the largest possible increase in award progress, and generate outgoing QSL cards or labels requesting confirmation of those QSOs, or generate an ADIF or tab-delimited file that can be used to drive an external QSL generation application or service.

Dave, AA6YQ