Exporting into SKCC logger

Rich <marzo7088@...>

Hi,I managed to export my files into the SKCC logger but the SKCC number didn't export.I have the SKCC number in the comment column.Perhaps that's why?Were would I put the number so that the SKCC logger will  show it?
Thanks
Rich

Hi,I managed to export my files into the SKCC logger but the SKCC number didn't export.I have the SKCC number in the comment column.Perhaps that's why?Were would I put the number so that the SKCC logger will  show it?

+ If the answer to your question is not contained in the SKCC logger documentation, then you should ask the developer of the SKCC logger or post a question on its support group.

+ ADIF defines an SKCC field. Perhaps that's where the SKCC logger expects to find it when importing an ADIF file - but you should confirm this before taking any next steps.

+ What application did you use when you logged QSOs with SKCC numbers placed in in their Comment items?

+ DXKeeper provides the option to configure one of its 8 user-defined items to be SKCC, and to export SKCC items stored in that item using the SKCC ADIF field.

Rich KB1FGC <marzo7088@...>

I was using DX Keeper and just wrote in the Comment  column "SKCC and NR" I do that so I know very easily what stations are SKCC.The help files were brief about ADIF files and nothing pertaining to importing,But I will check a little harder as there  has to be something on importing.
Thanks

Dave AA6YQ

I was using DX Keeper and just wrote in the Comment column "SKCC and NR"

+ By "NR" do you mean a number, or the letter N followed by the letter R?

I do that so I know very easily what stations are SKCC.The help files were brief about ADIF files and nothing pertaining to importing,But I will check a little harder as there has to be something on importing.

+ The reference documentation for importing is here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Import.htm

+ You can also access this information by clicking one of DXKeeper's Help buttons, and navigating to the "Importing ADIF and Tab-delimited Files" section.

+ Step-by-step instructions for importing QSOs are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOImport

Greg

Dave

From what I can see Rich is talking about importing an ADIF file from DXKeeper into SKCC logger. From the manual for SKCCLogger available at the skcc.com website (Page 30) the logger will add the SKCC number to an imported log - Tools - Add SKCC Numbers to Log.

Rich

I think that's all you need to do.

73

Greg VK3VT

On 15/02/2021 18:24, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
I was using DX Keeper and just wrote in the Comment column "SKCC and NR"

+ By "NR" do you mean a number, or the letter N followed by the letter R?

I do that so I know very easily what stations are SKCC.The help files were brief about ADIF files and nothing pertaining to importing,But I will check a little harder as there has to be something on importing.

+ The reference documentation for importing is here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Import.htm

+ You can also access this information by clicking one of DXKeeper's Help buttons, and navigating to the "Importing ADIF and Tab-delimited Files" section.

+ Step-by-step instructions for importing QSOs are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOImport

If you store the SKCC number in a DXLab user-defined field you can easily use ADIF Master to change the field name in the ADIF and the import is smooth. You can get ADIF Master here  - http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html

I do this in both directions to keep my SKCC and DXLab logs in sync.

Bob AF9W

Rich KB1FGC <marzo7088@...>

Dave,I meant the SKCC logger information on Adif files seemed brief.I mean no disrepect to SKCC logger,Ron's program is excellent! And  So is yours! Aso the support is great.I have spent much more time on products  getting  less out of them, performance and support wise.Not to mention spending quite a bit of cash in the process.Perhaps I missed something just from what I saw about ADIF files in the SKCC logger help files.
The NR  that I abbreviated is for SKCC Number.

If you store the SKCC number in a DXLab user-defined field you can easily use ADIF Master to change the field name in the ADIF and the import is smooth. You can get ADIF Master here - http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html

I do this in both directions to keep my SKCC and DXLab logs in sync.

+ If you store the SKCC number in a DXLab user item whose caption is SKCC and whose ADIF box is checked (on the Configuration window's "User Items" tab), then when you export a QSO to an ADIF file, that QSO's SKCC user item will be exported in a field named SKCC, eliminating any need to post-process the generated ADIF file.

+ See the "User Items tab" section of

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#User%20Items%20tab

Dave,I meant the SKCC logger information on Adif files seemed brief.I mean no disrepect to SKCC logger,Ron's program is excellent! And So is yours! Aso the support is great.I have spent much more time on products getting less out of them, performance and support wise.Not to mention spending quite a bit of cash in the process.Perhaps I missed something just from what I saw about ADIF files in the SKCC logger help files.
The NR that I abbreviated is for SKCC Number.

+ If you logged the SKCC number in each QSO's Comment item along with the word SKCC (instead of logging the SKCC number alone in a user item named SKCC), I don't know of any automated way to extract the SKCC number from each QSO's comment item and place it in a user item.

+ If the SKCC logger has the ability to automatically lookup each callsign's SKCC number, that's likely your best path forward.