Error with LotWRecoveringLostQSOs procedure

Jon Gefaell

I have been awarded 5BDXCC, but DKX disagrees. It's close on confirmations, but way off on verified for instance. About 2+ years ago, when I built out my current QTH, I could not locate any copy of my log files. So, I did a "homebrew" recovery, fly by night. IIRC, I downloaded the file they make available from the website, then imported it into DXK and went on from there. Since then, I've done a lot of work and have meticulously (obsessively)  uploaded to LoTW. There are 5412 records in my DXK log,

All that is vitally important to me is in LoTW which says "You have 7,224 QSO records" and "You have 4,048 QSL records". I am reasonably certain that some of these may be duplicates due to my ineptitude at some point. It's a sad state of affairs, I just want to clean it up. Thanks for reading.

I saw in another thread where the LotWRecoveringLostQSOs procedure was mentioned, and I figured that was the path to redemption. However, I believe I am doomed, and my log has Dutch Elm disease.

Step 2(b) runs for ~45 minutes and produces a report indicating 39 errors of "Duplicate QSO in log", one grid square, and one mode mismatch.

The generated LotW_QSOs_ADI.txt consists only of those 41 records. Step 3(i) runs for 1 second and reports 41 records processed with 41 errors.

Please help me, Mr. Wizard! (grin)

[...]

+ Please attach the report generated by this operation to an email message. Place your log file in a zip archive, attach that to the email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

73,

Dave, AA6Y

Jon Gefaell