error message when selecting MyQTHs

Dave Fugleberg

Hi Dave AA6YQ,
I just added a new station location in TQSL for a grid I worked from as a rover last weekend. Then I went to the "my QTHs" tab in DxKeeper and added a ID for that grid, selecting the corresponding Station Location in the LoTW box and entering the correct grid in the grid box.

I went to the import QSOs tab and attempted to set the substitution option for MyQTH for that grid. It was not in the list (I have a lot of them).

I tried to go back to the "my QTHs" tab to make sure I hadn't missed anything important. I get a dialog box with DxKeeper in the title bar, and a warning "Object doesn't support this property or method". The dialog has only a OK button, but clicking it does not dismiss the dialog. So I was kinda stuck.

I was able to close DxKeeper by right clicking its icon in the task bar and selecting Close all windows.  After that I relaunched DxKeeper using Launcher like normal, and it all works as expected. the myQTH appeared in the list for the substitution option, and I was able to import the QSOs and upload to LoTW.

So, all seems ok now, but I thought you might be interested in the report.

With nearly any other software, I would not even bother to mention such a trivial transient thing, as nobody would care. But I so rarely see any such anomaly in DxLab, that I figured you might want to know. I have not tried to reproduce it, and I doubt I could as I have done this exact operation so many times (i rove a lot for VHF contests). Probably just a Windows thing.

73 de W0ZF

I just added a new station location in TQSL for a grid I worked from as a rover last weekend. Then I went to the "my QTHs" tab in DxKeeper and added a ID for that grid, selecting the corresponding Station Location in the LoTW box and entering the correct grid in the grid box.

I went to the import QSOs tab and attempted to set the substitution option for MyQTH for that grid. It was not in the list (I have a lot of them).

I tried to go back to the "my QTHs" tab to make sure I hadn't missed anything important. I get a dialog box with DxKeeper in the title bar, and a warning "Object doesn't support this property or method". The dialog has only a OK button, but clicking it does not dismiss the dialog. So I was kinda stuck.

+ Please attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

I was able to close DxKeeper by right clicking its icon in the task bar and selecting Close all windows. After that I relaunched DxKeeper using Launcher like normal, and it all works as expected. the myQTH appeared in the list for the substitution option, and I was able to import the QSOs and upload to LoTW.

So, all seems ok now, but I thought you might be interested in the report.

With nearly any other software, I would not even bother to mention such a trivial transient thing, as nobody would care. But I so rarely see any such anomaly in DxLab, that I figured you might want to know. I have not tried to reproduce it, and I doubt I could as I have done this exact operation so many times (i rove a lot for VHF contests). Probably just a Windows thing.

+ Something did not work correctly; the errorlog.txt file will hopefully provide a clue. Thanks for reporting this, I absolutely want to chase it down!