Is this a error or something else?

73 de ON6AT Patrick

Joe Subich, W4TV

Alexandria City is an "independent city" - not a county.

See the DXLab WiKi topic on tracking USA-CA awards:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/USCountyStatus>

Pay special attention to the link in "independent cities"
<http://countyhunter.com/independent_cities.html>

On 2021-03-02 5:48 AM, Patrick ON6AT wrote:
Hello,
In DxKeeper (v1599) I cannot find Alexandria City at the state VA.
The call is K1FR and according to QRZ.com information and the photo of the qsl card,
Jesse lives in Alexandria City.
Is this a error or something else?
73 de ON6AT Patrick

ab4sf@...

Joe is exactly right.  One big caution....Richmond CITY is nowhere near Richmond COUNTY.  In reality they are about 60 air miles apart. The duplicate naming has to do with the English settlers well over 300 years ago.

The chart that Joe provided is correct that Richmond CITY is bordered only by Henrico and Chesterfield counties.  Yeah, I lived in Chesterfield for a number of years and this topic came up more than once.  By the way the Virginia QSO Party is coming up soon, the weekend of March 20-21.  Search VAQP for the rules.  I hope y'all will join us!

73,
Wray AB4SF
Reedville VA (Northumberland County)