From: Dave Morris [mailto:dave@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:36 PM
To: @AA6YQ
Subject: ADIF download of incoming eQSLs

Try this:

After logging into eQSL.cc, go here
http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/DownloadInbox.cfm and it will generate an ADIF formatted file of incoming eQSLs. Will that work?

73,
Dave N5UP

At 10:01 PM 10/22/2003 -0400, you wrote:

The mechanism I requested is to download QSOs from the database in ADIF
form -- no signing is required. This would permit a logging application
to automatically synchronize with eQSL.cc with respect to confirmations.
________________________________

+ Some comments

1. it is traditional to inform clients of potentially breaking changes *before* you make them, not afterwards

2. there is nothing in your message above about following hyperlinks, nor do I see any documentation on eQSL.cc describing exactly what is required

3. "the hyperlinks on the results page should be followed to the location of the file" is ambiguous. By "the results page", do you mean the page delivered by http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/DownloadInbox.cfm ?

4. One DXLab user has reported a synchronization failure, but my test a few minutes ago succeeded. Downloading http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/DownloadInbox.cfm yielded a page containing

http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/../downloadedfiles/AAPBJ9750.txt

which resolves to

http://www.eqsl.cc/downloadedfiles/AAPBJ9750.txt

which contains my inbox.

1. Yes I didn't realize it would break loggers until I started getting reports that their sync functions weren't working

3. Yes, the response page returned by http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/DownloadInbox.cfm contains hyperlinks to the .adi and the .txt files, and if you parse for the complete URL for those files, it will always return the correct directory structure to access the files. I assumed all loggers were doing that, but I guess the directories were being hard-coded and just the filename was being parsed out.

4. To address the issue right now, I am copying the files from eQSL.cc/DownloadedFiles into eQSL.cc/QSLCard/DownloadedFiles as well, so logger won't break. But I would like to ultimately get rid of that copy and just use the new directory structure. Thus the request for loggers to parse out the entire URL from the A HREF tags in the response page of DownloadInbox.cfm

+ Thanks for the explanation, Dave. DXKeeper does extract the URL from the HTML returned by http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/DownloadInbox.cfm. When I tested yesterday, that URL was

http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/../downloadedfiles/AAPBJ9750.txt

+ I was surprised to see the .. segment, but it seemed to work. Is this correct?