EQSL Upload Suggestion for change

Stewart Wilkinson

Hi,

I have found today that uploading to EQSL (after not uploading for many months) to be awkward and slower than perhaps it could be.

Having filtered my log for my /P entries and selected 'Portable' as the QTH Nick name I forgot to xhange the login details on the QSL Config page to have the matching callsign 'G0LGS/P' - which caused DXKeeper to attempt to upload all 1800+ QSL's before it told me something was wrong (no matching QTH NickName).

It would have been better for the program to stop after just one or at least a few attempts to tell me something was wrong and not have to wait a few minutes for it to tell me.

--
Stewart G0LGS

I have found today that uploading to EQSL (after not uploading for many months) to be awkward and slower than perhaps it could be.

Having filtered my log for my /P entries and selected 'Portable' as the QTH Nick name I forgot to xhange the login details on the QSL Config page to have the matching callsign 'G0LGS/P' - which caused DXKeeper to attempt to upload all 1800+ QSL's before it told me something was wrong (no matching QTH NickName).

It would have been better for the program to stop after just one or at least a few attempts to tell me something was wrong and not have to wait a few minutes for it to tell me.

+ From your report above, it would seem that you populated DXKeeper's "QSL Queue" with 1800+ QSOs, clicked the "upload to eQSL.cc" button, and were unhappy to receive a " No match on APP_EQSL_QTH_NICKNAME" error at the end of this process rather than at the beginning.

+ DXKeeper does not know which "QTH Nicknames" you have defined in eQSL, and thus cannot warn you ahead of time that you have selected the wrong QTH Nickname for the QSOs you are uploading to eQSL. The error message " No match on APP_EQSL_QTH_NICKNAME" came from eQSL; DXKeeper just displayed it for you.

+ Don't shoot the messenger!