Topics

eQSL sync

John Hart

Don't know if it on my end or eQSL, but lately when doing sync, the date is not being filled in as before.
Have to double click the date window to enter date. It is changing from R to Y in received.

LoTW sync is fine, date is entered.

Thanks, John  NA2NY

Paul

Yes same here happening here after Dxkeeper update to DXKeeper 15.1.9

w3qt_mike

Call me cranky, cognitively challenged, or just plain lazy, but I would like to make a request if it makes sense to others in the group.  When replying to a post please include the reply in the context of the thread so we don’t have to wonder what the meaning of the response is  (“same” in the case below, for example)  .  Maybe I’m just lazy, but I follow the thread from my email client and seldom go to the group site itself unless I’m doing some deeper research.  If this is an inappropriate ask please let me know, but “blind” responses to me are not much more helpful than spam.  I’m not meaning to offend anyone.  It’s just that I find  responses helpful but even more so if I can understand what they’re about.  Now, off my soap box and back to my nap.  Thanks.

Mike, W3QT

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 01:07 PM
To: dxlab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] eQSL sync

Gilbert Baron W0MN

You are totally correct here. That is how a group should work and the reason it is threaded.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of w3qt_mike
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 12:28
To: DXLab@groups.io

Call me cranky, cognitively challenged, or just plain lazy, but I would like to make a request if it makes sense to others in the group.  When replying to a post please include the reply in the context of the thread so we don’t have to wonder what the meaning of the response is  (“same” in the case below, for example)  .  Maybe I’m just lazy, but I follow the thread from my email client and seldom go to the group site itself unless I’m doing some deeper research.  If this is an inappropriate ask please let me know, but “blind” responses to me are not much more helpful than spam.  I’m not meaning to offend anyone.  It’s just that I find  responses helpful but even more so if I can understand what they’re about.  Now, off my soap box and back to my nap.  Thanks.

Mike, W3QT

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 01:07 PM
To: dxlab@groups.io

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave AA6YQ

Thanks to all who reported this defective behavior!

I did make a change to incoming eQSL confirmations in DXKeeper 15.1.9: if eQSL reports that your QSO partner is "authenticity guaranteed", the logged QSO's "eQSL Member" item is set to 'A'. Thus the introduction of a regression defect in eQSL confirmation processing is certainly possible.

However, when I invoke the "Sync eQSL.cc QSLs" function and step through the relevant DXKeeper code as it executes, the logged QSO's "eQSL QSL Rcvd" date is set correctly. I don't yet see how this code could malfunction.

John NA2NY, since you were the first to report this, please do the following:

1. log a few new QSOs and submit them to eQSL

2. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, check the Log Debugging Info box

3. invoke the "Sync eQSL.cc QSLs" function

4. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, uncheck the Log Debugging Info box

5. if at least one of the QSOs reported as newly confirmed via eQSL is missing an "eQSL QSL Rcvd" date, then

5a. attach the file eQSLinbox.txt from your DXKeeper folder to an email message

5b. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to the email message created n step 51

5c. send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

6. if none of the QSOs reported as newly confirmed via eQSL are missing an "eQSL QSL Rcvd" date, then delete the errorlog.txt file in your DXKeeper folder, and return to step 1

Thanks!

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Hart via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 11:49 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] eQSL sync

Don't know if it on my end or eQSL, but lately when doing sync, the date is not being filled in as before.
Have to double click the date window to enter date. It is changing from R to Y in received.

LoTW sync is fine, date is entered.

Thanks, John NA2NY

radio.3a2mw

Hi Dave and All!
I noticed the same behaviour, since Oct.11 .
The last eQSL matched date is Oct.11; all the following 17 eQSLs have no received date, but the eQSL status is "Y".
Errorlog sent to Dave.

Franco 3A2MW

Mel Manning

I am seeing the same issue for the last 2 uploadslsync to eQSL.
73  Mel
WB3D

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ

I am seeing the same issue for the last 2 uploadslsync to eQSL.

+ I have acknowledged this issue and am investigating the errorlogs received today.

Dave,. AA6YQ

Steve W5SWG

Hello, were any defects discovered with the investigation?

73, Steve W5SWG

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Hello, were any defects discovered with the investigation?

+ Yes. The defect has been corrected, a new version of DXKeeper has been sent to several ops who reported the defective behavior, and two of those ops have reported success. I'll make a public release when I'm certain that the defect has been corrected.

Dave, AA6YQ