Topics

EQSL and awards

ghassan chammas

Dear Dave and all

I hope this finds you all safe.

I am seeking the DXCC, WAZ, WAS, and maybe later WPX.
What is the contribution of my eQSL confirmations towards those awards?
In other words, if I am NOT seeking any eQSL award, does the eQSL confirmation (or verification) contribute towards the above mentionned awards or any other non eQSL award?

Best regards
Ghassan chammas
OD5YA

Sent from Samsung tablet.

Carl - WC4H

Hi Ghassan.

The eQSL confirmations mean nothing in the LoTW / ARRL confirmation scheme.  If you are not a member of LoTW, I suggest that you join.  When you upload your log, you'll see what you have confirmed toward those awards.

You may be pleasantly surprised to find that you have more confirmations in LoTW than on eQSL.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2020-06-10 9:19 AM, Carl - WC4H via groups.io wrote:

The eQSL confirmations mean nothing in the LoTW / ARRL confirmation
scheme.
While the above is true in that eQSL confirmations mean nothing for LotW
and ARRL awards, eQSL confirmations from eQSL "AG" participants can be
used for CQ awards in general. Obtaining credit for eQSL confirmations
is does through eQSL and the various CQ Awards Managers not LotW.

On 2020-06-10 9:19 AM, Carl - WC4H via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ghassan.
The eQSL confirmations mean nothing in the LoTW / ARRL confirmation scheme.  If you are not a member of LoTW, I suggest that you join.  When you upload your log, you'll see what you have confirmed toward those awards.
You may be pleasantly surprised to find that you have more confirmations in LoTW than on eQSL.
73.
Carl - WC4H

Carl - WC4H

Hi Joe.

Two of the awards ( DXCC, WAS) that Ghassan inquired about are specifically ARRL awards.  Credit for them is via LoTW or physical QSL Cards via a card checker.

The other two, WAZ and WPX, are also awarded via ARRL and are on their list, although they are CQ WAZ andCQ WPX.

Hence my recommendation that he join LoTW.

73.
Carl - WC4H

I am seeking the DXCC, WAZ, WAS, and maybe later WPX.
What is the contribution of my eQSL confirmations towards those awards?

+ DXCC: eQSL confirmations are not accepted

+ WAZ: eQSL "Authenticity Guaranteed" (AG) confirmations are accepted

+ WAS: eQSL confirmations are not accepted

+ WPX: eQSL AG confirmations are accepted

+ DXLab's eQSL database contains the callsigns of AG stations.

Joe Subich, W4TV

The other two, WAZ and WPX, are also awarded via ARRL and are on
their list,
No. WAZ an WPX are awarded by CQ. CQ accepts confirmations/credits
by either LotW or eQSL AG. The application method (and cost) of using
each source of confirmations is different.

On 2020-06-10 1:14 PM, Carl - WC4H via groups.io wrote:
Hi Joe.
Two of the awards ( DXCC, WAS) that Ghassan inquired about are specifically ARRL awards.  Credit for them is via LoTW or physical QSL Cards via a card checker.
The other two, WAZ and WPX, are also awarded via ARRL and are on their list, although they are CQ WAZ andCQ WPX.
Hence my recommendation that he join LoTW.
73.
Carl - WC4H

The other two, WAZ and WPX, are also awarded via ARRL and are on their
list,
No. WAZ an WPX are awarded by CQ. CQ accepts confirmations/credits by either LotW or eQSL AG. The application method (and cost) of using each source of confirmations is different.

+ Correct. See

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/waz-award-credit/#applyWAZcredit>

+ and

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/wpx-award-credit/#applywpxcredit>

+ and both "updates" in

<http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_awards/cq_on_line_confirmation/cq_on_line_confirmations.html>

ghassan chammas

I am an arrl and an lotw member

Sent from Samsung tablet.

Two of the awards ( DXCC, WAS) that Ghassan inquired about are specifically ARRL awards.  Credit for them is via LoTW or physical QSL Cards via a card checker.

The other two, WAZ and WPX, are also awarded via ARRL and are on their list, although they are CQ WAZ andCQ WPX.

Hence my recommendation that he join LoTW.

73.
Carl - WC4H

ghassan chammas

Oh. This is perfect.