Topics

Enhancement thoughts

Robert galambos

Wondering, given most people have emails ( documented at least in qrz)

What about generating an email message letting the qso partner that a qso card is being sent, for either direct ,bureau or qsl manager.

Benefits is

For bureau, it may allow the other party to also sent a card to the Bureau,  thus reducing the time for transit time

Just a thought

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

Wondering, given most people have emails ( documented at least in qrz)

What about generating an email message letting the qso partner that a qso card is being sent, for either direct ,bureau or qsl manager.

Benefits is

For bureau, it may allow the other party to also sent a card to the Bureau, thus reducing the time for transit time

Just a thought

+ Thanks Robert.

+ DXKeeper records an email item with each logged QSO; it's accessible via the Details panel on the "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window. DXKeeper automatically records this item when a callbook lookup provides it; you can also manually populate it with an email address received during or after the QSO. Double-clicking a QSO's email item will invoke your system's default email client, and populate the message's "To:" address.

+ Going further and automatically sending an email message populated with information extracted from the logged QSO, e.g.

"Thanks Robert for our 15m CW QSO on 2020-11-17 @ 11:03Z; I sent a QSL card to the bureau on 2020-11-23 and submitted our QSO to LoTW on 2020-11-18. Please QSL!; Thanks!"

+ would in my opinion be a bad idea, as many recipients would regard it as spam.

+ Sending a more personal message would likely stimulate a better outcome. DXKeeper already provides the tools for doing that.

Joe - W9RF

Dave,

Just my 2 cents on this subject.

Being a former owner of an ISP there is a threshold on the amount and size and of emails some ISP's will allow to be sent in a 24 hour period.

Personally I usually work any where from 50 to 100 contacts a day, when I ran my ISP 100 emails a day was a huge red flag for spam, the sender's account was blocked and could not send more emails.

Besides, (I know it's a personal matter for all of us) but I get almost 200 email's a day now (too many groups I want to read) it would be better if I would just receive a confirmation on the contact..

73,

W9RF - Joe

On Sunday, December 27, 2020, 4:30:40 PM CST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Carl - WC4H

My 2 cents.

I agree with both Dave's 100%.

We have soooo many online methods of confirming QSOs that sending automatic emails just makes it spam.

73.
Carl - WC4H