Enhancement request

Robert galambos

I assess that these requests habe already been suggested, but I will Gove it a try

1) I realize that you can input special call ones manually. But just like you do for low, eqsl. An it somehow be done automatically?

2) I know that we can manually upload to qrzcq, but like clublog, upload automatically?  HRd just 'advertised ' they now can do that.

The special call sign, would be a good deal as to keep up manually is tediouse

Thks

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

Joe Subich, W4TV

1) I realize that you can input special call ones manually. But just
like you do for low, eqsl. An it somehow be done automatically?
Yes, if you have a properly formatted list of callsigns. See the
Help available from SpotCollector's Config -> "Special Callsigns" tab.

2) I know that we can manually upload to qrzcq, but like clublog,
upload automatically?
How many special purpose/"ego" electronic logs do you expect Dave
to support? Most of them - from QRZ.com on down serve no useful
purpose.

On 2021-10-02 8:50 AM, Robert galambos wrote:
I assess that these requests habe already been suggested, but I will Gove it a try
1) I realize that you can input special call ones manually. But just like you do for low, eqsl. An it somehow be done automatically?
2) I know that we can manually upload to qrzcq, but like clublog, upload automatically?  HRd just 'advertised ' they now can do that.
The special call sign, would be a good deal as to keep up manually is tediouse
Thks
DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@gmail.com
WL: va3bxg@winlink.org
/*When all else fails*/

I assess that these requests habe already been suggested, but I will Gove it a try

1) I realize that you can input special call ones manually. But just like you do for low, eqsl. An it somehow be done automatically?

+ I don't understand what you are requesting. DXLab provides databases listing LoTW and eQSL participants; these databases are generated from information provided by the ARRL and eQSL.cc respectively, not by users.

2) I know that we can manually upload to qrzcq, but like clublog, upload automatically?

+ What benefit would this provide? What major award sponsors accept QRZCQ confirmations?

Robert galambos

Dave

You are right in terms of awards.  But that site is used by some to log and confirm qso. It was a thought.

What about the special station enhancement?

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

+ AA6YQ comments below

On 2021-10-03 12:06 PM, Robert galambos wrote:

But that site is used by some to log and confirm qso.
For what major award(s) are QRZCQ "confirmations" accepted?

On 2021-10-03 12:06 PM, Robert galambos wrote:
Dave
You are right in terms of awards.  But that site is used by some to log and confirm qso. It was a thought.
What about the special station enhancement?
⁣DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@gmail.com
WL: va3bxg@winlink.org
When all else fails​
On Oct. 2, 2021, 16:16, at 16:16, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I assess that these requests habe already been suggested, but I will
Gove it a try

1) I realize that you can input special call ones manually. But just
like you do for low, eqsl. An it somehow be done automatically?

+ I don't understand what you are requesting. DXLab provides databases
listing LoTW and eQSL participants; these databases are generated from
information provided by the ARRL and eQSL.cc respectively, not by
users.

2) I know that we can manually upload to qrzcq, but like clublog,
upload automatically?

+ What benefit would this provide? What major award sponsors accept
QRZCQ confirmations?

What about the special station enhancement?

+ As I stated in my previous response, I don't understand what you are suggesting. Please elaborate.

Robert galambos

Sorry.

As you know,  there are always special event stations about this or that.

Now I know we can input the special stations that we are looking for in the spot collector manually. But I was wondering( like what is done by updating the db for lotw/eqsl membership) a similar capability automatically

The info can be 'scraped' from a website that list these events stations.

Stay safe

73

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Oct. 3, 2021, at 18:19, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

What about the special station enhancement?

+ As I stated in my previous response, I don't understand what you are suggesting. Please elaborate.

As you know,  there are always special event stations about this or that.

Now I know we can input the special stations that we are looking for in the spot collector manually. But I was wondering( like what is done by updating the db for lotw/eqsl membership) a similar capability automatically

+ SpotCollector has for years been capable of populating its Override List from Big CTY and from Club Log. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateEntityOverride

The info can be 'scraped' from a website that list these events stations
+ The content of DXLab's LoTW and eQSL databases is not "scraped" from a website; each of these services provides a downloadable list of participants.

Robert galambos

Dave

Thks for the information. I was not aware.

Maybe I am slow, but what I am interested is the special events stations, and highlighting those.

I can see that club log Dl info from clublog, but I don't see how one can Dl a list of those special event stations that are active?

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Oct. 4, 2021, at 01:31, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
As you know,  there are always special event stations about this or that.

Now I know we can input the special stations that we are looking for in the spot collector manually. But I was wondering( like what is done by updating the db for lotw/eqsl membership) a similar capability automatically

+ SpotCollector has for years been capable of populating its Override List from Big CTY and from Club Log. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateEntityOverride

The info can be 'scraped' from a website that list these events stations
+ The content of DXLab's LoTW and eQSL databases is not "scraped" from a website; each of these services provides a downloadable list of participants.

Joe Subich, W4TV

I don't see how one can Dl a list of those special event stations that are active?
Does anyone publish a list of active special event stations? If so,
from what site is it available and what is its format?

A downloadable list is the first prerequisite for SpotCollector to
be able to import said list.

On 2021-10-05 9:37 AM, Robert galambos wrote:
Dave
Thks for the information. I was not aware.
Maybe I am slow, but what I am interested is the special events stations, and highlighting those.
I can see that club log Dl info from clublog, but I don't see how one can Dl a list of those special event stations that are active?
⁣DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@gmail.com
WL: va3bxg@winlink.org
When all else fails​
On Oct. 4, 2021, 01:31, at 01:31, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

As you know,  there are always special event stations about this or
that.

Now I know we can input the special stations that we are looking for
in
the spot collector manually. But I was wondering( like what is done
by
updating the db for lotw/eqsl membership) a similar capability
automatically

+ SpotCollector has for years been capable of populating its Override
List from Big CTY and from Club Log. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateEntityOverride

The info can be 'scraped' from a website that list these events
stations
+ The content of DXLab's LoTW and eQSL databases is not "scraped" from
a website; each of these services provides a downloadable list of
participants.

dxradio33

It would seem to me that once you understand the mechanics of inserting the data into Spot Collector as explained by Dave’s response, it is now incumbent on the requestor to seek out the proper lists/sources for said information.  Google is your friend.

Joe K8FC

[...]

+ I'm not aware of any downloadable lists of "Special Event Stations".

+ If you can find such a list, use a spreadsheet application to put it into the format that can be loaded into SpotCollector's "Special Callsigns" list, as described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationSpecialCallsigns.htm

73m

Dave, AA6YQ