Topics

Empty record in dxkeeper

ghassan chammas

Hello all

Hello David

Happy new year to you all and please stay safe !!

In my dxlab set up, that is working like a swiss watch, I have two small issues:
1- If I double click on a spot in spot collector, the radio shifts to the frequency of the call, however I notice that, while populating the capture screen ok, an empty record is created in my logbook, that I need to delete. I also noticed, that if it is not empty, then each time I click on a call on sc, it log the contact as if I have worked it and logged it myself. However, I did not do a quo , just click various times on the spot.

2- I am a very keen enthusiast of dxmarathon. Suppose I am working ft8. I double click on the callsign and all is perfect:
a- dxview shows the callsign and all the data
b- pf reflects the callsign but does not search for it, which is what I want
My request is this: I have the RAT window open, and when I log the contact, I can see this reflected in the “country line” per band and per mode. I need this to happen before I log the contact: I need the RAT window to show me the status of this country as soon as I double click on the call in ft8. This helps me decide if this is needed country or if I should insist in achieving the contact. I am currently clicking on GO in DXview to achieve this after I double click the call in ft8 . (JTDX with Jtaler)

Any ideas how I can fix these minor issues?

All the best for all

Ghassan
OD5YA
Beirut Lebanon

Joe Subich, W4TV

1- If I double click on a spot in spot collector, the radio shifts
to the frequency of the call, however I notice that, while
populating the capture screen ok, an empty record is created in my
logbook, that I need to delete. I also noticed, that if it is not
empty, then each time I click on a call on sc, it log the contact as
if I have worked it and logged it myself. However, I did not do a quo
, just click various times on the spot.
In DXKeeper -> Config -> General *UNCHECK* "New QSO on DX Spot
activation". It is the second item in the middle column.

My request is this: I have the RAT window open, and when I log the contact, I can see this reflected in the “country line” per band and per mode. I need this to happen before I log the contact: I need the
RAT window to show me the status of this country as soon as I double
click on the call in ft8.
RAT is not updated until a contact is logged.

(JTDX with Jtaler)
JT Alert has a Marathon alert. Using that should identify if
a call is "needed" for Marathon. You can configure JT Alert
to trigger only on Any Mode, Individual Mode (JT9, JT65, FT8,
FT4), any digital mode or any WSJT-X Mode.

On 2021-01-23 2:15 PM, ghassan chammas via groups.io wrote:
Hello all
Hello David
Happy new year to you all and please stay safe !!
In my dxlab set up, that is working like a swiss watch, I have two small issues:
1- If I double click on a spot in spot collector, the radio shifts to the frequency of the call, however I notice that, while populating the capture screen ok, an empty record is created in my logbook, that I need to delete. I also noticed, that if it is not empty, then each time I click on a call on sc, it log the contact as if I have worked it and logged it myself. However, I did not do a quo , just click various times on the spot.
2- I am a very keen enthusiast of dxmarathon. Suppose I am working ft8. I double click on the callsign and all is perfect:
a- dxview shows the callsign and all the data
b- pf reflects the callsign but does not search for it, which is what I want
My request is this: I have the RAT window open, and when I log the contact, I can see this reflected in the “country line” per band and per mode. I need this to happen before I log the contact: I need the RAT window to show me the status of this country as soon as I double click on the call in ft8. This helps me decide if this is needed country or if I should insist in achieving the contact. I am currently clicking on GO in DXview to achieve this after I double click the call in ft8 . (JTDX with Jtaler)
Any ideas how I can fix these minor issues?
All the best for all
Ghassan
OD5YA
Beirut Lebanon

My request is this: I have the RAT window open, and when I log the
contact, I can see this reflected in the country line per band and
per mode. I need this to happen before I log the contact: I need the
RAT window to show me the status of this country as soon as I double
click on the call in ft8.
RAT is not updated until a contact is logged.

> (JTDX with Jtaler)

JT Alert has a Marathon alert. Using that should identify if a call is "needed" for Marathon. You can configure JT Alert to trigger only on Any Mode, Individual Mode (JT9, JT65, FT8, FT4), any digital mode or any WSJT-X Mode.

+ Be sure to direct JT-Alert to "recompute" after you log a QSO via DXKeeper or WinWarbler that advances your Marathon award progress.

Joe Subich, W4TV

+ Be sure to direct JT-Alert to "recompute" after you log a QSO via DXKeeper or WinWarbler that advances your Marathon award progress.
JT Alert does not have a procedure for automatically rebuilding its
alert database. That is a manual process (Settings -> Rebuild Alert
Database or F11 -> Rebuild Alert Database). Generally one would do
that on starting JT Alert or at the end of an operating session.

On 2021-01-23 3:33 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

My request is this: I have the RAT window open, and when I log the
contact, I can see this reflected in the country line per band and
per mode. I need this to happen before I log the contact: I need the
RAT window to show me the status of this country as soon as I double
click on the call in ft8.
RAT is not updated until a contact is logged.

> (JTDX with Jtaler)
JT Alert has a Marathon alert. Using that should identify if a call is "needed" for Marathon. You can configure JT Alert to trigger only on Any Mode, Individual Mode (JT9, JT65, FT8, FT4), any digital mode or any WSJT-X Mode.
+ Be sure to direct JT-Alert to "recompute" after you log a QSO via DXKeeper or WinWarbler that advances your Marathon award progress.

# AA6YQ comments below

+ Be sure to direct JT-Alert to "recompute" after you log a QSO via
> DXKeeper or WinWarbler that advances your Marathon award progress.

JT Alert does not have a procedure for automatically rebuilding its
alert database. That is a manual process (Settings -> Rebuild Alert
Database or F11 -> Rebuild Alert Database). Generally one would do
that on starting JT Alert or at the end of an operating session.

# Consider this scenario:

1. Pursuing Marathon in the Mixed category

2. JTAlert and JTDX are running

3. SpotCollector announces an active CW station in a needed Marathon country

4. You work the needed Marathon country in CW

# If you don't at this point direct JTAlert to rebuild its alert database, then JTAlert will erroneously consider the Marathon country worked in step 4 as "needed for Marathon"

# If your Marathon category is "K1JT modes only", then there's never a need to direct JTAlert to rebuild its alert database after working a needed Marathon country or zone in a K1JT mode.

Joe Subich, W4TV

# Consider this scenario:
1. Pursuing Marathon in the Mixed category
2. JTAlert and JTDX are running
3. SpotCollector announces an active CW station in a needed
Marathon
country
4. You work the needed Marathon country in CW
# If you don't at this point direct JTAlert to rebuild its alert database, then JTAlert will erroneously consider the Marathon
country worked in step 4 as "needed for Marathon"
That is true for any new QSO, "traditional mode" or "K1JT mode".

# If your Marathon category is "K1JT modes only", then there's never a need to direct JTAlert to rebuild its alert database after working
a needed Marathon country or zone in a K1JT mode.
CQ DX Marathon recognizes only three modes: CW, Phone or Digital
<https://www.dxmarathon.com/Rules/2021/2021%20Rules.htm>. Working
a new station in a K1JT mode only marks that *station* B4 on a
given mode/band - another station in the same *country* will still
alert until the JT Alert database has been updated by scanning the
DXKeeper log. However, I contend that is a minor "cost" if one
rebuilds the alert database at the start (or end) of each operating
session. I find it relatively easy to remember the new countries
worked in a given operating session.

On 2021-01-23 5:16 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
# AA6YQ comments below

+ Be sure to direct JT-Alert to "recompute" after you log a QSO via
> DXKeeper or WinWarbler that advances your Marathon award progress.
JT Alert does not have a procedure for automatically rebuilding its
alert database. That is a manual process (Settings -> Rebuild Alert
Database or F11 -> Rebuild Alert Database). Generally one would do
that on starting JT Alert or at the end of an operating session.
# Consider this scenario:
1. Pursuing Marathon in the Mixed category
2. JTAlert and JTDX are running
3. SpotCollector announces an active CW station in a needed Marathon country
4. You work the needed Marathon country in CW
# If you don't at this point direct JTAlert to rebuild its alert database, then JTAlert will erroneously consider the Marathon country worked in step 4 as "needed for Marathon"
# If your Marathon category is "K1JT modes only", then there's never a need to direct JTAlert to rebuild its alert database after working a needed Marathon country or zone in a K1JT mode.

ghassan chammas

Thank you Joe for the response.

Solved!!
Tnx again