Topics

Email Alerts

Ed Caplan

If a particular station is spotted on 160 meters, is there a way fro spot collector to text me? If I send  an email to my cell phone  2155551212@..., the email will be received as a text message.

Gilbert Baron W0MN

You might look here.

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/eMailAnnouncements?highlight=%28EMAIL%29

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Caplan
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2019 09:27
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Email Alerts

If a particular station is spotted on 160 meters, is there a way fro spot collector to text me? If I send  an email to my cell phone  2155551212@..., the email will be received as a text message.

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

If a particular station is spotted on 160 meters, is there a way fro spot collector to text me? If I send an email to my cell phone 2155551212@..., the email will be received as a text message.

+ As Gil W0MN pointed out, this article explains how to configure SpotCollector to send email to a specified address whenever Spot Database Entry is created for a station with whom a QSO would advance your award status:

<dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/eMailAnnouncements>

+ To have SpotCollector send you email when a Spot Database Entry is created for a specific callsign on 160m, replace step 6 of those instructions with

6. in the "Email Alarm trigger" panel,

6a. select the "SQL expression" option

6b. paste an SQL expression like this one into the large box to the right of the "SQL expression" option:

(callsign = 'W0MN') and (band = '160m')

6c. test this by directing SpotCollector to generate a local spot for callsign on 160m

Dave, AA6YQ