ELIMINATING DUPLICATE QSOS

Greg

I have roughly 12500 duplicate QSOs in my log file.  All of the duplicates curiously have “jj00aa” filled in the Grid 1 box of the award section of the main display page.  Is there a way I can filter and delete these or get rid of these dupes other than manually?

73’s,

Greg N9GB

I have roughly 12500 duplicate QSOs in my log file. All of the duplicates curiously have “jj00aa” filled in the Grid 1 box of the award section of the main display page. Is there a way I can filter and delete these or get rid of these dupes other than manually?

+ DXKeeper includes a function that identifies duplicate QSOs so that you can delete them en masse. It works by checking each QSO in your log against every other QSO; the bigger the log, the longer it takes:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates

+ However, if every QSO in your log whose Gridsquare item is set to JJ00aa is a duplicate QSOs that you wish to delete, then there is a simpler and faster alternative:

1. Backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. On the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the Adv button above the "Log Page Display"; the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window will appear

3. In the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "SQL Query Filters" panel, set the first empty "SQL expression" box to

GRIDSQUARE='JJ00aa'

and then click the Filter button to its right

4. On the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, confirm that the ~12,500 QSOs in the "Log Page Display" are exactly the ones you want deleted.

5. While depressing your keyboard's CTRL key, click the Delete button above the "Log Page Display".