Topics

Eliminating dupes?

Dennis, K2SX

After doing a contest using n1mm+, I normally upload an adif file to DXLabs, usually a fairly short one, i.e. one from one of the CWTs.  Sometimes I upload the same file twice by mistake and then have to delete the duplicate QSOs individually.  When it’s a small file, it’s OK but when it gets into the 100+ QSO range it’s a PITA.  Is there a way to eliminate duplicate QSOs in one quick pass?  It gets complicated in that I also upload the file to LotW and some of the QSOs will have LotW QSLs so I need to remove the QSO that does not have that QSL info.  I realize that I can set the import to not allow any duplicate QSOs but sometimes that can be self-defeating as well.  Tnx.

Dennis, K2SX

After doing a contest using n1mm+, I normally upload an adif file to DXLabs, usually a fairly short one, i.e. one from one of the
CWTs. Sometimes I upload the same file twice by mistake and then have to delete the duplicate QSOs individually. When it's a small
file, it's OK but when it gets into the 100+ QSO range it's a PITA. Is there a way to eliminate duplicate QSOs in one quick pass?
It gets complicated in that I also upload the file to LotW and some of the QSOs will have LotW QSLs so I need to remove the QSO that
does not have that QSL info.

+ See " Removing Duplicate QSOs from the Currently Open Log" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates

I realize that I can set the import to not allow any duplicate QSOs but sometimes that can be self-defeating as well.

+ In what way is configuring the "Import QSOs" function to prevent duplicate QSOs "self-defeating"?

Dennis, K2SX

Tnx for the info.
I went to the page on removing duplicate QSOs and was OK up to item 6.b. I
found the APP_DXXKEEPER_SELECT but then ran into problems of what to do. Do
I select " ", "Y", or "N". Once I do that, how do I add that column to
Log Page Display?
Thanks.
[...]

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

Tnx for the info.
I went to the page on removing duplicate QSOs and was OK up to item 6.b. I found the APP_DXXKEEPER_SELECT but then ran into
problems of what to do. Do I select " ", "Y", or "N".

+ First, backup your log so that you can quickly recover if the choice you initially make are later discovered to be suboptimal in
some way.

+ DXKeeper arbitrarily chooses one QSO of a duplicated pair and sets its Select item to 'Y'. If you don't care which of the two QSOs
in each duplicated pair is deleted, then just click the Sel button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs"
panel, review the QSOs in the Log Page Display to be sure they're the ones you want deleted, and then CTRL-Click the Delete button
above the Log Page Display to delete them.

Once I do that, how do I add that column to Log Page Display?

+ See the "Adding a Column" section of "Adding, Removing, Formatting, and Moving Columns in the Log Page Display" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LogPageDisplayConfiguration