Topics

DXwin and Ham supply Rotor control

scot

Will DXWin control the rotor directly? it is a Yaesu DXA with a Ham Supply interface card or do I need to use PST Rotor? The rotor works correctly with Hyperterm but does not see any control from DXWin when hitting the SP button. I have read that the Ham Supply requires upper case characters.

Scott
N2SAB

Greg

Scott

Assuming you are talking about DXView rather than the heading of DXwin;  I have had no problem using Ham Supply interface - in DXView set the "Model" to "Green Heron, Hygain,MDS, Rotor-EZ".   Nowdays I use "N1MM Current" which allows DXLab and N1MM to control the rotator, very handy when contesting and looking for DX too. Have a look at

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/Help/Configuration.htm#Rotor%20Control%20tab

The N1MM+ team have recently changed their documentation so the link to N1MM Rotor in Dave's doco does not work, have a look at https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/interfacing/#n1mm-rotator-control

73  Greg VK3VT

On 09/12/2019 10:53, scot wrote:
Will DXWin control the rotor directly? it is a Yaesu DXA with a Ham Supply interface card or do I need to use PST Rotor? The rotor works correctly with Hyperterm but does not see any control from DXWin when hitting the SP button. I have read that the Ham Supply requires upper case characters.

Scott
N2SAB

scot

Greg,

It was a long day and the fingers got tongue tied last night.. I had only tried the mode as Yaesu, I will give it another try today or try the N1MM interface

Thanks for the help,

Scott
N2SAB